Agnostic.com

47 2

Fantasy or Sci-Fi

Which genre in fiction do you like better fantasy or Syfy.

Animegamer 3 July 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

47 comments (26 - 47)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sci-Fi, the world has enough fantasy in the form of religion...

Sci Fi is number one for me, fantasy is second choice.

Sci-fi, the mire science based the better.

Sci-Fi is the only way to go. I need to be able to somewhat believe what I'm reading or seeing as believable or at least probable. Using magic is just a cop out.

I love them both equally

Fantasy

weeman Level 7 July 30, 2018

Science fiction.

Fantasy for reading, sci-fi for watching.

Why not both? Sci-Fi/Fantasy FTW!

Hard sci fi but only really the old stuff, Asimov and the like. I'm sure I'm missing out on lots of newer fiction though.

Salo Level 7 July 30, 2018

OMG you should get some Dan Simmons into your life.

1. Ilium. 2. Olympos. 3. Hyperion 4. The Fall of Hyperion 5. Endymion 6. The Rise of Endymion.
    His scifi imagination is so jaw-dropping it's like a whole genre of its own.

Impossible choice. Neal Stephenson is my favorite so probably sci-fi, but I love fantasy too!

Both in some forms.

Sci-fi

I write Science Fiction (primarily hard but occasionally stray into the softer forms), Urban Fantasy, Urban Paranormal, and Light Horror. I can enjoy High Fantasy, but it needs to be well written with minimal language gimmickry.

I also enjoy Science Fantasy, but I don't write it except in humor pieces. Reading it is not a problem.

I enjoy science fiction and urban fantasy about equally, but I don't read as much high fantasy (the typical sword and wizard stories).

Social SF.

I like both fantasy and science fiction, but really original fantasy writing is too rare. So much of it is overly derivative of other stuff.

I tend to prefer sci fi.

SciFi

godef Level 7 July 29, 2018

I like both.

Depending on my mood at time , I like both . Generically speaking , I find the fantasy garb more interesting , and they can add creatures not likely to ever been seen in ordinary life . Hard science fiction , is full of possibilities , and often tells of things that do indeed eventually come true . Technology has changed reality greatly during my lifetime , and there are more changes to come . I'm reasonably certain hard science fiction contributes to the reality of our future .

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:142961
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.