Agnostic.com

6 7

I sometimes asked to speak at various organizations. Last week I was asked to speak at a friend’s church. While it was fun, I think the Head Pastor’s notes were a little uncalled for.

Apparently, there are Ten Commandments, not twelve; there are twelve disciples, not ten; and their names are Peter, James and John, not Peter, Paul and Mary.

Christians don’t refer to Jesus as the late J.C.; and Father, Son, and Holy Spirit are not referred to as Big Daddy, Junior and Little Spook. They don’t refer to Father God as Godfather, or Jesus and his disciples as JC and the Boys.

At the Last Supper Jesus broke bread and said, “take and eat.” He didn’t say, “Eat me.” … I knew I should have said David was hit by a rock and knocked off his donkey, not “stoned off his ass,” but it had already slipped out.

They were intrigued by my idea of a drive-thru confessional, but didn’t like the name: ‘Toot n’ Tell or Go to Hell.’

And ultimately, I messed up the last announcement. We were having a taffy put at St. Peter’s not a Peter pull at St. Taffy’s.

My bad!

Benthoven 8 Jan 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Pretty good!

Pretty good!

Secular hub in Denver would love you, they have atheist stand ups you would be GREAT!

I've always wanted to try my hand at standup.

LOL-good one

Like it. I like to tell this with an old priest--Irish, of course because I like to do the brogue--and a new priest.

LOL @ "Little Spook" 😀

Jnei Level 8 Jan 11, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14414
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.