Agnostic.com

70 10

What thing do you really wish you could buy right now?

That thing that makes you say UGH! If only I had/could do.

By AmiSue8
Actions Follow Post Like

Post a comment Add Source Add Photo

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

70 comments (51 - 70)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A vehicle. I'm driving a 05 Ford Focus that won't last much longer. I want a suv I can take naps in on breaks from driving long trips. One with fold down seats to put a pad on top and be able to stretch out and sleep. I like the Honda Element, wish they would make those again. I also like the Subaru Forester. Or maybe a small truck with a topper.

@AmiSue Is that how it reads? Guess I should re-arrange some words. Thanks

Time.

Anonbene Level 8 Aug 2, 2018

Nothing.... I'm good.

@AmiSue
Linda doesn't let that happen.

@AmiSue
Well, that wasn't strategically thought through.
You should have cut, then sold.

@AmiSue
Sharpen the saw.

Today? A Toyota Tundra. I'd settle for a Tacoma. Or a 4Runner.

BlueWave Level 8 Aug 2, 2018

What about tomorrow?

A new roof.

Escott Level 4 Aug 2, 2018

Teleporter, holodeck or replicator (as seen in Star Trek the Next Generation).

JDRay Level 5 Aug 2, 2018

One ticket to New York.

A new (ish) truck. I could, but I'm not crazy about monthly payments. I'd rather save and buy cash.

This will sound trivial and silly... But a drone. Not just any drone... One that hasn't been built yet. They are getting close though. I have been a photographer for over 50 years. To me, a drone is a tool. I have worked as a journalist and in forensics. I wish I'd had a drone back then!
Having said that... I will also say I have lost two drones to water. One in the Mississippi river and another in a park pond. So I want to buy a drone that can swim. Or float or something like that. Drone, serious drones , not childtens toys, are not cheap! I have gone so far as to attach foam floats to the skids of a drone, but they interfere with its flying ability and are susceptible to snagging on tree branches and such. ( more than the drone alone) trees and drones are not a good mix either.
I said it was silly!

Junkman Level 5 Aug 15, 2018

I've had a rethink... and it can be bought, legally. There is a sort of drone like vehicle that one sits in and flies... That's about as close as I will ever come to having Superman's ability to fly. It's pretty safe, with the multiple redundancy of many rotors, and it can fly where even a helicopter can't. There is no licensing as yet. It has to be the ultimate gadget toy!

Well, the one wish I have right now is for a fun and well-matched life partner, but that's not a "thing" and I can't "buy" her. If I wanted things or still needed them I could buy whatever I wanted... but it seems I already have 3 of everything I need and 5 of what I don't. The best items on the list below seem to also be things you can't buy... time, hair, health. smile009.gif The trip around the world would be nice, but only with the right partner. Sigh...

mtnhome Level 7 Aug 15, 2018

I may have said this...I'll say it again.... TIME

IamNobody Level 8 Aug 10, 2018

A binder and packer

A house in Utopia.

A TV I could stream to. Sigh.

A car.

Someone to do my yard work that I've ignored because I just can't.

RavenCT Level 9 Aug 2, 2018

Freedom from having to buy crap

1988 Pontiac Fiero GT

Gohan Level 7 Aug 2, 2018

Flying car.

JDRay Level 5 Aug 2, 2018

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE

I responded to this by saying I would buy a new roof on August 2 of last year. In December, an extremely generous family member gifted me enough to do that and then some. Just before the new year, during the week between Christmas, I was able to hire a good friend of mine to put a new roof on my modest home. So that gift helped me get that roof and provide work for my buddy during a slow holiday season.

Has anyone else been able to buy the thing mentioned?

Escott Level 4 June 21, 2019

Compassionate liberal capitalism.

A dobro.

Coleman Level 6 Aug 2, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text 'q:145953'.
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content read full disclaimer.
  • Agnostic.com is a non-profit community for atheists, agnostics, humanists, freethinkers, skeptics and others!