Agnostic.com

16 6

Stroll Down Memory Lane......

Yesterday I changed my profile pic to my Senior High School yearbook photo. I got a few comments, so thought it might be fun if everyone shares a photo of their younger self in the comment section. Doesn't have to be high school photo. I'm posting one of me from about 1957, look at those curls and they weren't natural. My mom used spoolies (anyone old enough to remember those?) to curl my hair. Come on, dig out those old photo albums. Let's have fun!

BeeHappy 9 Jan 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My Navy days was like 21 or 22 there.

Cute. Love the t-shirt. You look like you might have been shy?

@BeeHappy Back then yes I was shy.

I was terribly shy until my twenties.

@BeeHappy Alcohol would take the edge off back then but it also gave way to doing some stupid things. Don't drink any more have to be a role model and good example raising kids by myself is no place to be intoxicated have not not drank like 6 + years now. Think I have more vivid ideas now then I ever did back then. Have been on a poetry streak for several years. Have had had people give me the what you are smoking line, I do everything lucid.

Good for you! 🙂

I really wish I could but, my ex-siblings stoled them all other than one baby photo I no longer have any. The assholes even stoled photos of friends of mine I took, I literally have nothing from 53 years of my life.

Sorry. You can post the baby pic, after all it is a younger you. 🙂

My wife destroyed plenty of my pre-her days. And an ex GF claims she never saw an album I left in her place when we parted ways. I still ask her every 2 months for 9 or 10 years now.

@BeeHappy I will have to scan it but I will.

Korea 1978

jeffy Level 7 Jan 13, 2018

Nice! What is that you're eating?

Dried squid

Here's one of me when I was young and handsome.....

Indeed! Thanks for sharing.

Cool, for us men I always going to be the hair!!!

College in Puerto Rico, circa 1975. Very Social Guy.

Fun! Lots of hair! lol

@BeeHappy largest and best afro in the school for 3 years.

Hahaha! Record holder! 😉

@BeeHappy Made my certificate in Kinkos but the girls will tell you.

Hahaha!

I have avoided being photographed all my life, and I've been quite successful with it. I've been caught unaware on a few occasions, but have remained mysterious for the most part.

Wish I could find my picture from my senior year in high school to post on here 🙂 I had hair, was thin, and looked a lot better than I do now, LOL. What time hath wrought 🙂

I don't know why the photos aren't showing. I'll try to contact @Admin to see if we can find out why.

feel free to guess the age!

Dav87 Level 6 Jan 12, 2018

I'd guess somewhere between 16-20. Thanks for sharing!

OMG, I do not need spoolies to have my hair be that curly! I just wash, shake, and walk and my hair will look like a poodle.

So you remember spoolies?

I can't say I remember them, but I do remember my mom curling my hair sometimes. She really didn't need to. I think she though she could control the curl better. Nope.

@HippieChick58 My mom used them on both me and my sister. They were little rubber/plastic spools. You wrap the hair around and then fold the spoolie over on itself. I'm going to try and post a pic but since we aren't having much luck with those today, I'm not sure it will show.

first one is early 1980s, I was in the Army in Germany and trying on my field gear. 2nd picture is HS graduation, 1976.

No pics showing. 😟

I can see them, this stinks.

I added my pics to my profile.

@HippieChick58 Can you see the photos others have posted or just your own?

@BeeHappy Just mine

@HippieChick58 Thanks

Finally got the photos fixed. Great pics!! Thanks for sharing with us.

!986

skado Level 9 Jan 12, 2018

Finally got the photos fixed. Thanks for sharing handsome!

I looked stupid as a teenager.

I was ugly, and I still am ugly.

Do you know any teenager that isn't/wasn't stupid looking or dorky? Be brave!

@Sarahroo29 the photo glitch finally got fixed. Thanks for sharing with us and you aren't ugly!

Thanks

I would do this, but there are so few pictures of me (as to be almost non-existent) that I think my profile pic is the oldest pic I own. Actually, it is. I think my mom may have one of me as a gradeschooler, but I don't have a scanner...so that saves that embarrassment....hehe...

Don't need a scanner, take a pic of the photo with your phone. That's what I did with the one I posted.

@BeeHappy Hey! Thanks...a lot. hehe....I have always hated getting my picture taken...we had required picture day all the way up through high school...and I found ingenious ways to avoid having my picture taken....I don't think I am in any of my year books at all...and what pictures that did exist of me, were destroyed in a flood...

@JohnnyThorazine Would that be the 40 days and 40 nights flood? 😉

@BeeHappy hahahahaha!

Me, and my first car, circa 1990

No photo showing.

???

@BeeHappy @skado I can see it. Maybe it will work itself out?!?!?

Sorry - but, to describe, I'm standing next to my 1967 Mustang; but, I'm a typical oddling as a teenager, with a farily full mustache (had it since I was 11) and a mass of curly black hair, and glasses that cn only be described as being vomited forth from the 1980's.

@DerekD I've requested help from @Admin regarding the photos. Thanks for playing along.

@skado @BeeHappy Ugh! thanks so much for the bug report! Fixed it. I'll post next. Bonus points for Bee

@DerekD Yay, the photo glitch got fixed and thank you so much for sharing with us that younger you!! So was the car a chick magnet? LOL

@BeeHappy I've never been a chick magnet - but perhaps the car did help a little at the time 🙂

@Admin Thanks for the super fast response!

Didn't do that in the uk

What?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:14760
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.