Agnostic.com

13 4

What kind of New Year's Resolutions did you make?

I generally don't make any promises I am not going to keep throughout the year. I am continuing with losing weight and getting in shape but that has been going on since July. What about you? Did you make any for this year?

Denevil 3 Jan 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I've made the same three for several years in a row:

1. Be kind, especially to myself
  2. PAY ATTENTION!
  3. As much as possible, do one thing at a time.
    They cover a lot and my life is better when I honestly follow them. I think they'll take a lifetime to master, so I haven't bothered with any others since.

Haven't made one in years. It's the only resolution I've ever kept.

I kept one NY resolution, to never make another one. As time goes on and I realize something needs to change I do it then. And sometimes it works.

I never make New Years resolutions. We should already be doing those things throughout the year.

That is my thought as well.

Not a one. Let the New Year bring surprises.

None. If there is something I need to fix, I fix it right away. Why wait unless you are not going to fix it anyways.

never have made many

Just to learn more.

I made a new years resolution a few years back not to make a nother one and keep to it

None, I never do - I think if I want to live in the moment, forward planning isn't really an option -I am old though and seem to remember all my earlier New Years resolutions were to be kinder. These days I would rather have my real feelings as they come and sort them out as they come. I am often angry about the state of my society and the casual cruelty of some of the people I meet and I constantly try to see and understand their limitations (and fail) 6 Months ago, I was beaten up by someone who lives in the same housing scheme as me. I have stopped recognising them and that helps me so I am thinking that change in oneself comes as a result of a learning situation. Just being adaptive to what you get .

I haven't made a resolution since the 90s. It occurred to me that if something was good enough to do at the start of a new year, it's good enough to start when it's thought of.

d_day Level 7 Jan 15, 2018

Breath , Smile

My new years resolution was not to make any new years resolutions... that didn't last long...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15362
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.