Agnostic.com

15 1

First Love - Did you have one?

Does that person occasionally roll across your mind?

atheist 8 Jan 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

About 18 years ago, I became totally smitten with a lady I met through a business networking group. She dazzled me; at the time, I would have done anything to be with her. Such was not in my power, though. She preferred older men and I was eight years younger.

She still crosses my mind, but with less frequency as time goes on.

My first love is now my wife and she rolls across my mind and my body .....sometimes.8)

Yes, married him..after 20 yrs he chose cocaine over us.

Cake! We currently have an ongoing love hate relationship.

I certainly did. We were childhood sweethearts from age 11, and ended up marrying (way to young), at 19. Ultimately, things didn't last, but through our respective subsequent lovers and spouses, we still keep in touch - even though he moved to England long ago. He's been here to visit me with wives # 3 & then #4, and we all got along famously !
I think of him now, as the brother I always wanted. A true bond that I'm very grateful for !

Infatuation comes to mind with two previous engagements to two different guys. They don't roll across my mind unless I am using them as a reference as to how I wore "rose colored glasses." First love would be the only marriage I had, emphasis on had. After 13 years of marriage- 3 kids and 2 foster sons he decided it was time to come out of the closet.

We are civil and decent with each other as we have children together, and that's the way it should be, I feel. I don't necessarily blame him as "coming out" was incredibly difficult . However, I do feel that the "first love" was not an unconditional one on his behalf. That was last time I wore "rose-colored glasses." So, I look forward to my new "first love." 😉

Yeah, I dated my first love for about a year. We were so in love. I would have done anything for her. I had even started to save up to buy her a ring since we were both excited about the thought of getting married and starting a family. So one day she asked me how I felt about us moving in together so naturally I was definitely interested. First week together? Pure bliss. Two weeks? Hmm... she's kinda messy. Bit of a red flag. Three weeks together? She didn't clean up after herself, hardly ever cleaned up after her two cats and never washed her dishes. Then one day her dad calls her out of the blue and tells her he's coming by. She totally flips out on me. Her dad was in the military and apparently is a clean freak. It's a good thing then that the apartment looks like it's been featured in an episode of Hoarders. Oh and he's super conservative and vehemently opposes couples living together before marriage. I'm super glad she told me that before we decided to move in together! We're cleaning like crazy and she just keeps going off about how she's the only one that ever cleans. Girl, what have you ever cleaned since I've been here? He comes by and she told me to stay in the bedroom and not say anything until he left. Uhhh, wtf? After about a month living with her I moved out.

Sethy Level 4 Jan 15, 2018

After I left she screamed at me "I wish I had never met you!" So, umm, no going back after that. And even though she regretted the relationship I don't. The last week or two of it sucked but we had a pretty great year together and when my favorite dog died she helped me get through the pain.

Yes, when I was 40 (1999), lasted 6-12 weeks, still talk to her on the net a few times a week.

@atheist Problem in that she has been living with her new bloke for almost 18 years now. Yep, she cheated on me.

Yup and he was a piece of shit. Still is.

Racist and told our daughter he would kill her kids if he could get away with it because they are half black. Of course we had been divorced many many years before this happened but I do not care how horrible of a person it makes me, I will celebrate his death when it finally comes.

My first girlfriend fucked me up a bit too LOL

I did. She was a lingerie model. We had six beautiful months together, until the Autumn/Winter issue of the catalogue came out and my mum threw the old one in the bin.

Jnei Level 8 Jan 15, 2018

I remember being infatuated in junior high school with a girl in my class. I never got a chance to tell her though, or maybe I was just too shy. Some years later, I bumped into her up at the college campus, and she did look fine in her blue jeans🙂 We talked briefly then, but I haven't seen her since. I remember she had high cheek bones,which I kind of like. I still think of her occasionally.

I think everyone has what they think is a first love. At 16 I met someone in Israel. An Israeli soldier, he was still activated and I lamented I would probably never see him again. We wrote for a while but his English wasn't great and 5 years went by. I had the opportunity to go back in college so I wrote him a letter telling him I was coming. When he didn't show up at the airport I went to his family's home to find out he was in the States. He had also been a singer and dancer and had just filmed Jesus Christ Superstar in Israel. Met some girl and went to Minneapolis, MN. As a joke I sent him a postcard from Israel. Long story short he contacted me and moved to Boston. We were shortly united and he turned me off. Thought he was god's gift to women. He disappeared-I went back to college in NH and 2 years later we accidentally ran into each other again. I should have left those memories in Israel where they belonged to an innocent 16 year old girl.

I skipped over that and went straight to my second love.

godef Level 7 Jan 15, 2018

Had to be apart too long, I think she was one that had trouble being lonely she sent me a break up letter never talked to her again.

@atheist It amazing that I have had many relationship since that one whenever it did not work out I never pinned about them that much. I was about 9 years ago dating a in California she was Greek and Hawaiian mix she was about as perfect as a match as I have ever had unfortunately we were both turmoiled from other life experiences it did not work out I do think of that one from time to time.

I did, and we are still mates 🙂 We tried to get back together 5 years after we broke up the first time, but as the New Zealand saying goes... yeaaa nahhhh. He is baby obsessed and I don't want any, and we are both too stubborn. He is a good man 🙂

Sacha Level 7 Jan 15, 2018

@atheist No and the sex was terrible lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15443
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.