Agnostic.com

16 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

As I write with my left hand I identify as a lefty. But when it come s to using tools I am largely ambidextrous. The exception to this is when eating. I use a knife and fork right-handedly but a spoon left handedly. On the squash court, my right hand is more powerful but my left hand more accurate. I can change racquet hands so slickly that I don't need a back hand and those that try to leave me awkward shots for a right hander at pool are disappointed. I have always avoided playing soccer so have no clue about my footedness

I'm a southpaw who (no offense) can't stand reading those slide show articles on some web pages, designed to bombard you with ads. Sorry, but I only got to the 2nd page before I gave up. Peace.

Interesting...

Regarding handedness; I write left, what's left I'm right.

Both my sister and I are left-handed, while neither of our parents and not one of our grandparents were. I play most sports left handed, am "goofy footed" in snowboarding and skateboarding, but play guitar right handed (easier to play other people's guitars, and righties were cheaper). I used to try to bend the blades on the school hockey sticks to be lefty, but gave up and played right-handed. Remember the crappy left-handed scissors in grade school? 🙂

I'm lefty but I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous.

My daughter is a lefty and so is her half-sister, they share the same father. Totally genetic.

I am a lefty. The only group I ever found in which lefties were a majority was a political theory seminar in graduate school -- 5 of the 9 were lefties.

Oil painting class in college - also a ton of left handed folks.

My father was left handed as is my son. I, and both daughters are right-handed, so it would seen any genetic ties would need to be epigenetic at most

I belong to a local community theatre group and at least 30% of us are left-handed, maybe more.

I am quite ambidextrous but can only write with my left hand, although I think my right hand may be physically stronger, oddly.

Here in the UK almost everyone eats with a fork in the left hand and a knife in the right, only a few weirdos do it the other way around.

I knit, crochet and play guitar right handed, because it’s easier to read instructions for that way around, if was a conscious decision and feels perfectly natural to me.

Cool read, thanks.

Total lefty

Nah, the curve of my penis toward the left is the reason. For the Ladies I don't know.

Fascinating. My son is a lefty.

Cool article!

They left out those of us born ambidextrous.

They'll hardly even study left handedness, forget ambi!
My girl was ambi early, with favoring the left. I didn't force her, but would put her forks/spoons on the right. If she had insisted on remaining with the left I was going to leave her be. Thankfully it was a gentle process with her.

@Qualia Ambi has it's advantages. I believe they should encourage young people to use both hands more. I take it for granted l can do things with either hand until l see someone lose function of their dominate hand and realize the could have another foot there and it would be just a little less useful.

@Sticks48 I agree. Most tho become dominant on one side so I thought I'd spare her, and again I never forced her. If she'd have turned out full ambi that would've really been something. She could have, on her own.

This article could cover ambi, no? Maybe your ma moved around equally while you were developing.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:154515
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.