Agnostic.com

97 4

Would you want a Christian God to be real?

Ever lasting life in heaven under Yahweh Jesus and the holly ghost. Or is existenceless a more desirable end to life?

paul1967 8 Oct 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

97 comments (76 - 97)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's funny as I believe that when you are dead you can't know it. So if you died and was reborn in some way, if you remember your life experiences you would probably go on with your same philosophical attitude you had when you were alive. I wonder how that would work with a celestial dictator? I just don't know?

Jammo Level 5 Oct 15, 2017

He is a sexist racist homophobic piece of shit we already have enough of them in this world we do not need an all powerful dick ruling from a throne.

Non-existence would be much better,than being abused by,and an eternal slave,of the demiurge(allah,jehovah,Yahweh,etc.,)forever,which would be hell(almost like this hellish world)

Living forever just to perpetually praise a deity. No thanks.
Hitchens made a glib, accurate comment about it; 'even god must grow bored with the songs of praise after the first 5 billion years'.
Picture that if you can, singing praises for ever, and tell me you don't shudder at the prospect.

I have absolutely no interest in everlasting life. I will be quite all right with just going to sleep and not waking up. No need to repeat life either. If I have to come back, I would rather come back as a well fed house cat! ?

Heaven sounds like hell with that crew. Constantly massaging a jealous, capricious, and inconsistent god's ego and not being allowed to expand culturally... it would be like living with Trump.

If that was the case, then I'm happy just not existing.

hell no. i wouldn't want the christian god to be real. i've never even been a christian but if christians are any indication of what their god is like, i want nothing to do with him/it.

g

Got to go for the void I think. The former sounds pretty shocking, maybe okay for a weekend just for the crack to say you'd done it, like s bucket list thing "spend a weekend with Yshweh and Jesus". Eternity though. Nah! Better the void!

It would be a sight to see, especially the heavenly host, but sadly i think most of the interesting people would be in hell.

Denker Level 7 June 19, 2018

The Christian God acts the way man created him to be...and if there is a heaven I don't want to be there with them or him.

Hell to the NO! That's what have many of us disillusion now! If only we as citizens of the world could divorce organized religious and ineffective political alliances we could evolve into what we truly was meant to be...spectacular species

Yes, a Christian believes that God as you say is real.
I am glad that he is, he is someone who is powerful ie created the heavens and the earth. I am also glad that he does not use his power to be at the use of us pressing a button and hey presto he has compiled with our wishes, painful that may be when we have asked for life changing stuff If we believe that there is no God then we are left with the idea that human beings developed from a mushy swamp of microbes. If we are left with that concept then we risk believing that our forefathers were monkeys ie some difficulty in tracing which line of monkey I might have developed /inherited my personality from Ha ha!

"Why don't Jews believe in Jesus?" Let's understand why – not to disparage other religions, but rather to clarify the Jewish position.
Jews do not accept Jesus as the messiah because:
Jesus did not fulfill the messianic prophecies.
Jesus did not embody the personal qualifications of the Messiah.
Biblical verses "referring" to Jesus are mistranslations.
Jewish belief is based on national revelation.
But first, some background: What exactly is the Messiah?
The word "Messiah" is an English rendering of the Hebrew word Mashiach, which means "anointed." It usually refers to a person initiated into God's service by being anointed with oil. (Exodus 29:7, 1-Kings 1:39, 2-Kings 9:3)
(1) Jesus Did Not Fulfill the Messianic Prophecies
What is the Messiah supposed to accomplish? One of the central themes of biblical prophecy is the promise of a future age of perfection characterized by universal peace and recognition of God. (Isaiah 2:1-4, 32:15-18, 60:15-18; Zephaniah 3:9; Hosea 2:20-22; Amos 9:13-15; Micah 4:1-4; Zechariah 8:23, 14:9; Jeremiah 31:33-34)
Specifically, the Bible says he will:
Build the Third Temple (Ezekiel 37:26-28).
Gather all Jews back to the Land of Israel (Isaiah 43:5-6).
Usher in an era of world peace, and end all hatred, oppression, suffering and disease. As it says: "Nation shall not lift up sword against nation, neither shall man learn war anymore." (Isaiah 2:4)
Spread universal knowledge of the God of Israel, which will unite humanity as one. As it says: "God will be King over all the world – on that day, God will be One and His Name will be One" (Zechariah 14:9).
If an individual fails to fulfill even one of these conditions, then he cannot be the Messiah.
Because no one has ever fulfilled the Bible's description of this future King, Jews still await the coming of the Messiah. All past Messianic claimants, including Jesus of Nazareth, Bar Cochba and Shabbtai Tzvi have been rejected.
Christians counter that Jesus will fulfill these in the Second Coming. Jewish sources show that the Messiah will fulfill the prophecies outright; in the Torah no concept of a second coming exists, Christians added that notion Post Hoc.

The god of the Bible is tyrant. There is no escaping it.

I'd rather go live under Kim Jong Un.

1-The promise of everlasting life is nonsense, everybody dies eventually. 2 - Why would you want to live 'under' somebody else? Why can't we be equal? 3 - Who wants to live under a prickly goat in any case? 4 - Why gamble your precious life on earth away in return for the ridiculous promise of a better life in some mythical paradise after death? I would rather go to hell, riding a Harley !!

Hell. No. For as much as I hate the idea of my consciousness ceasing, I'd rather have it be like that than have a manchild running the universe.

No.

I would not want a Christian God to exist. Sorry members of the trinity, I want a friend not a slave-master. Maybe because I was born Jewish and feel like I was born in hell as a demon breed who could never even worth anything ever. Sometimes I fear there is an afterlife that would be just like this one but could live with and accept that.

Existence is pain, and I simply want it all to end, but eventually lol.

Are you being hyperbolic or do you really view existence as pain?

I believe that a person can do or add things to his or her life that dulls the pain, but it's always there, and it's the natural state of being.

When I was in my early teens, I became fascinated with the occult. I purchased some books on so called "white witchcraft." However, the whole thing started to seem rather silly. I wanted personal power, and freedom from religious restrictions. So, I purchased Anton LaVey's "The Satanic Bible" and realized that it was EXACTLY what I was looking for. In those days, Anton LaVey was alive, and the Church of Satan was a pretty cool organization. I was a dues paying member of the COS for five or so years. I scared the absolute CRAP out of people who knew I was a "satanist." After I graduated college, I realized that this was an affiliation I would not want to reveal as I entered into the corporate world. But I NEVER regretted it, and was happy to just be an atheist (which is what the COS was about anyway). I basically rejected the idea of heaven and hell, and laughed at people who clung to those beliefs.

Interesting

probably not

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1557
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.