Agnostic.com

35 8

Tell me something random about you...

When I was 10, my family went on vacation to Philly. We toured historic sites and when I thought nobody was looking, I touched THE Liberty Bell. I was filled with excitement about touching a part of history.

Tell me something random about you....

MyLiege 7 Jan 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

35 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hmmmm when I was 16 and still living with my mother, I used to wait until she was asleep, climb out my window, walk to the train station, catch the train into the city (Around 11pm) meet my friends go nightclubbing for an hour or 2, then catch a train or bus or get a ride home. Climb back in my window and go sleep and then wake up again at 6am for school. I think I did this 2 or 3 times a week for around 2 years. What a bad bad bad teenager I was. I think Im lucky nothing bad ever happened to me!

Sacha Level 7 Jan 16, 2018

Lol. That is freaking cool!

Whoa! I would have been dead!

@AtheismIsLife I would of been dead if my mother ever found out!

But you know because of that you are better and badder than those who just slept. That is how I always felt about it in DC and Crete... burning the candle every night. I remember divorced, retiring from military and moving to DC from Germany and going out every single night. My real sleeping time was 6:00 to 8:00 PM and 4:00 to 6:00 AM. Sometimes the 4:00 to 6:00 AM didn't happened. Tuesdays was the slow night. In Crete in the 90's there was no slow night from February to November. November to February were the Winter Games... Only time you pay attention to girls in the base. I had a unique job involving cryptographic material so I will lock myself on my office and sleep during the day. He, he, he, ha, he.... You can sleep now, we won't tell your mother. We respect your inclination to party and salute you.

Cool, I was too much of a good girl to break any rules. I wish I could have been brave enough to do that sort of thing. 🙂

@SKDeitch Wellington New Zealand at that age

I'm the guy over Gary Oldman's left shoulder, London Street scene from Bram Stoker's Dracula.

I had no intention of being an extra in this movie, I was just taking my girlfriend at the time to the casting office. She desperately wanted to be in it. They wanted to take a Polaroid of me, I said "sure". A week later they called me instead of my girlfriend. It was two weeks work at Universal Studios. I'll never forget the experience.

BTW, the relationship didn't last too long after that. LOL.

Damn good Dracula Remake. A lot of layers added.

I gained 170 lbs in 2 years time. Totally sucked ass. Because I was fat, I decided to start sumo wrestling. Trained a few years. Long story short, I got to represent the US at the 2017 World Games in Poland. Life is random

I love Sumo, I went to see a match in Tokyo, the Great Akebono was wrestling that day, so I felt privileged to see him!

@Sacha Aweosme!

There is a link to my match at the World Championship last year. I have since cut my hair. I might retire and go back to teaching. Still figuring that out =)

@Loudpaintings Thats so amazing! Thanks for sharing

@Loudpaintings that is super cool!

@MyLiege Thanks! As far as I know, I am the only atheist sumo wrestler lol

I once felt the urge to tell something random about myself, to a bunch of strangers, on a community/dating website...
😉

haha, nice 😉

@twshield ... that was... my random thing...
💡

@twshield awwww.... that's just too bad! I am not giving more lol!
😛

@twshield I'm a bargain hunter and extreme collector. There... happy now? 😀

I have been bitten by redback spiders 5 times, stung by irukandji twice and a stonefish once, was 1st person in Oz to survive legionella, I have had 3 sets of teeth. None of them in a glass. Also I have RH negative blood that shows as RH positive more often than not in basic blood tests, they have to run a special test for me.

Oh you the guy with the special blood vampires been searching for. You are their holy grail.

Daywalker blood?

I have incredibly tiny hands and feet. I keep my nails long so as to hide the fact that I have child sized hands. My pinkie is barely an inch. My feet, I wear a size 5 shoe, however, I can fit into numerous turn of the century (circa 1900s) antique shoes easily since it seems feet were much smaller over one hundred years ago. I can usually fit in the shoes of my younger cousins when they hit about 8 years of age. I say I have hooves, not feet. lol I buy shoes 2 sizes larger, if closed toed, so my feet appear bigger. haaha

Sadoi Level 7 Jan 16, 2018

Like they say... is not the size of the shoes. You are a Great human being.

@GipsyOfNewSpain aww so sweet of you to say my friend blush

@ScienceBiker haha aww that was equally sweet, yet simultaneously hilarious! Haahaa. Me'sa think me'sa brain Soo big... Hahaha

@SKDeitch hee hee... well, the chinese might be angry to have a japanese pin up girl in their midst! lol!

@SKDeitch at least back in the 18th century. 😉 I dated a chinese guy in high school and for months, we lied and told his parents i was Filipina, not Japanese because the elders of his family would have killed him had he dated a Japanese girl. lol

@SKDeitch oh sadly, yes, they did it too! haha! wrapping of the feet. mmm hmmm... seems japanese and chinese cultures certainly enjoy doing the Same Things despite constantaly complaining about how ignorant it is to continually mix us up for one another. haha!

Gosh, I hate to risk such a great start by treating you like a specimen....

but about those eensy -weensy body parts, pics or it didn't happen!

@Simply_Being actually, there Are pics on my profile. haha! There are two photos i took just the other night of my hands. I am holding a cig. You can tell i have infant sized hands simply by the cig. Wait! i think i have something that shows a comparison. A common object next to my hands and feet for measurement! let me find it.
For example, most cups, like the ones you get at gas stations and fast food, my hands are so small i must use BOTH HANDS to hold a drink because I cannot with one hand. Here, this is the best ive got.

@Simply_Being you'd think, by that photo, i was holding a giant ass box of cigars, not a typical, cigarette sized box of cloves. yup. its just a regular ole box and my hands can barely hold it. and my feet... ridiculous! you can see. I could Easily sit that very box atop my foot and it would be Longer than my foot from ankle to toe.

I was in a magazine called bizarre more times than any other member of the public, 6 in all.

I once played guitar in a cover band that specialized in songs from anime soundtracks. So a lot of songs sung in Japanese and such. It was the coolest and dorkiest thing I had ever done.

@tomservo Wow, that is cool! My daughter would love that. She is a HUGE fan of anime, and soundtracks. She is a gamer and actually has a collection of songs from Animal Crossing to games like Dark Soul, Dragon Age, and whatever new one she's playing.

@MyLiege Awesome! We had to learn the songs by ear. And I love Dark Souls!

I wove a 10 foot, Kangaroo hide, 16-plait bullwhip for my niece and her husband to be as an (unusual) wedding pressent.

I will do anything to get a laugh!

I'm with you there! I often say that I'm not above allowing myself to look ridiculous to make someone laugh. Especially if they really need it.

That is adorable! I say, do it again! As a grown up! Let's see, as for me, I almost saw a beheading in Saudi Arabia.

I am about to go to sleep after working an overnight shift from 11pm to 8am, having to get back to work at 5pm 🙂

I work at a crisis center as a crisis counselor, btw!

@twshield good for you! Go to sleep, rest well!

I may had been 5 or 6 on a cousin wedding I carried the rings with this girl and she was part of the groom side. First time we made out. They were serving Cuba Libre, I didn't knew what it was. I helped me to some. I found the girl again when I was a sophomore in high school. She was a junior. We made out again on a Feb 14. Just as in the wedding. If I find her again on this Feb 14.... we need to pass first base.

I have mad whistling skills and can whistle most anything after only hearing it once.

I've felt the 55 below chill factor. What's funny is that after 10 below you can't tell the difference.

@BucketlistBob Whoa, now that is cold. I've felt the nip of cold living in Buffalo for 25 years. Nowadays, anything below 70 degrees F is cold to me.

@MyLiege. I'm a big baby now so 32 degrees is enough for me too...lol.

The day MLK was assassinated we were in Annapolis visiting my cousin in his first year and touring DC. I have pictures of smoke from the Jefferson Memorial. Our bus driver freaked out as people ran through the streets with tvs and throwing rocks at the bus. I was 14.

@sassygirl3869 wow, what a memory to have about history!

Ya I'll never forget it. My parents were racists after trip but not me

I once lifted and pulled the head teachers Mini (old one) into the middle of the road. Caused a huge pile up of traffic, I was amused.

I was at the Aerosmith concert used for a few scenes in "Be Cool".
They must have played Cryin' 20 times.

When I was in Sardinia, I went to visit a nuraghi and was in awe that these megalithic structures, formed in a honeycomb pattern reminiscent of the Tomb of Agamemnon, didn’t just crash down on top of me. The nuraghi were originally designed too look like medieval castles.
[google.com]:

I drew a comic called "Alien Force", one issue. Small independent out of Fort Wayne, IN. The attached photo is one of the characters.

@Firelands1973 That's a whole lot of talent right there!

I love drinking soda water 🙂

Ok ok another one, I sat next to Tina Turner in a football advert back in the day when I did some acting and such, my 15 minutes of fame.
You want proof beyond a reasonable doubt? I'm the guy waving madly in the bright yellow jersey to her left, to the right of the screen at about 1:35-1:48

Ahhhhhhh hahaha I remember that ad from back in the day! NRL. We had that ad in New Zealand loooooool. Mel Meninga and all. I love it.

@Sacha Yeah! I got to meet Mel and all the other footballers too!

I've let coworkers start 14 gauge IVs on me for fun/practice. We only use them for serious traumatic injuries when we need to give someone blood/fluids super quickly. Don't be afraid. Adults in the ED typically only get a 20 gauge.

I was a radio DJ in Phoenix, AZ in the 90's. Some of the coolest things that happened to me as a result we're:

I produced a call-in talk show with the late Alan Thicke. Then I directed a version of it in a concert hall with a live studio audience.

I interviewed Rob Halford (the lead singer from Judas Priest) who had just released an album with his new band "Fight". They were playing in town that evening and he put me in the guest list for the show. During our off air chat at the radio station, I told him I was a guitar player. At the show that night, he invited me on stage to play with them. I got to play "The Green Manalishi" with Rob.

I interviewed Peter Frampton. Afterwards, he mailed me a t-shirt, a copy of his (then new) CD "Frampton Comes Alive II" and, an autographed record slick which I have framed and hanging in my living room.

Duke Level 8 Jan 16, 2018

@Duke how cool was that!!

Love the comment : "the less people know, the more stubbornly they defend it" (words to that effect).
Are you really Maureen ? Love the name ! So is my daughter. You're interesting and intelligent ! No randoms, now. Just got to FL and I'm brain dead ! J

Welcome to Florida! Yes I am really Maureen. Are you really JackNewman?

@MyLiege yes, I am ! How's the trip ?

I wrote a novel that almost got accepted by a local publisher. Then another publisher advised me to split it into two, which I did, against my better judgement. But then they still didn't want it, so I published it using the web publisher Lulu. I actually sold two e-book copies and one paperback to person or persons unknown, and got the (not exactly massive) royalties.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15621
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.