Agnostic.com

45 6

Best concerts?

What is your top 3 best live concerts that totally rocked. Doesn't have to be your favorite bands but who gave the best live performances? Mine are:

1. Smashing Pumpkins come back concert at the Ritz Ybor.
  2. Rob Zombie at Mayhem festival.
    3)Collective Soul with 3 Doors Down at Al Lang Stadium
Martie1965 6 Aug 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

45 comments (26 - 45)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Tool, Puscifer, Portishead

Tool and Puscifer!❤❤❤ Maynard is a genius! Wouldn't mind seeing Perfect Circle either.

@Martie1965 APC is amazing live too! And I completely agree, Maynard is amazing, he's my god! haha! <3

In no particular order

1. David Lee Roth - Skyscraper Tour 1988
  2. Rammstein - Mutter Tour 2002
  3. Whitesnake - (With The Hammersmith Choir) 1978

So I went to an all girls Catholic High School in Cleveland. Van Halen came thru on tour regularly back then. They stayed at a hotel in down town Cleveland. A couple of 18 year old senior girls at my school were David Lee Roth groupies and security would let them in and they were DLRs "girls". They banged him on the regular when he came thru town. Ooooooooh the stories they told. Crazy times! Wild huh?!

Faster Pussycat played when I went to see DLR during his Skyscraper Tour. They were horrible. However, DLR with Steve Vai more than made up for it.

I saw Disco Biscuits at Red Rocks last May, that was pretty cool.

I so badly want to see a concert at Red Rock. I heard it is amazing.

@doctorsixty I saw Elvis Costello and Steely Dan in Red Rocks maybe 3 years ago. it was amazing. Despite horrible weather (non-stop rain during the concert, and SNOW the next day....it was 4th of July week-end, too!!), it was worth every penny and inconvenience.

I went to a fantastic Royal Blood concert last year

Pat Metheny "The Way Up"
Eric Johnson
Train Drops of Jupiter

Etre Level 7 Aug 17, 2018

Pat Metheny = ❤️

1. The Foreign Exchange (Love in Flying Colors Tour) @The Loft (Atlanta, GA)
  2. John Mayer @Music MidTown (Atlanta, GA)
  3. The Roots @Beale Street Music Festival (Memphis, TN)

Honorable Mention: RJD2 (The Colossus Tour) The Heaven Room @Masquerade (Atlanta, GA)

The Who, Styx, Aerosmith, at Hollywood sporatorium, Jethro Tull at raceway in Athens and Pink Floyd at old stadium in Athens. I'm sure there a re a few more to list but my memory is going to take a while!

1. Doug & the Slugs at a small venue in Ballard, WA
  2. Brian May in Baltimore, MD
  3. Iron Maiden in Jerez, Spain

Doug & the Slugs! Born to be Mild... I saw that band by accident at The Stone in San Francisco in the early 80s. What a great band. Thanks for activating the memory bank.

@Coleman Yeah, they were just so much fun and interactive, with Doug Bennett roaming through the crowd. It was my first time for seeing someone so personal with the audience.

Jerry Garcia Band at the Wiltern Theater, circa 1990. Wow! The whole building was literally rocking!

Followed by X at the Arlington Theater in Santa Barbara, circa 1984, and Ry Cooder with David Linley at the Coachhouse in San Juan Capistrano circa 1995, and John Hiatt at the Belly Up Tavern circa 2014, and Little Feat also at the Belly Up, and the Allman Brothers, also at the Belly Up....
Oops, that's more than three...

The Who in 1980 or '81.
Guided by Voices 1994

Carter usm @ reading uni in 1992
Nine Inch Nails whenever I've seen them
Jojo Namoza (local band) @ black cat, reading 1990ish

Special mentions to Front 242 @ camden, early 90s, and Rammstein @ NEC in 2012 (i think)

Guns and Roses, The Who, one of the many Phish shows??? Lol

Honestly a show here in Spokane featuring Angel Vivaldi and a local band called the Flannel Math Animals was fucking great, and we even got Lamb of God coming to town soon so I'm stoked for that one maybe I'll finally see a main stream band that wasn't disappointing lol

The Offspring - I've seen them several times, and they're fantastic live. Every time. My favorite was in a tiny venue for a benefit in Berkeley April 2017
Steve'n'Seagulls - SF, CA Feb 2017
Simon & Garfunkel - Central Park, NY 1981

Offspring Love em! Simon and Garfunkel must have been really cool!

U2 Zoo TV Tour Pittsburgh PA
Joan Osbourne KINK-FM free concert, Portland, OR
They Might Be Giants current tour, Denver CO

Ozman Level 7 Aug 17, 2018

Download festival UK is pretty awesome
I've been to others but that's the best

Thoroughly enjoyed graspop metal meeting in Belgium too
Quite small but great music & people too

Those are festivals obviously, my favourite gigs however were pirate fest, headlined by Alestorm. 2 years ago I went to see AC/DC at Manchester arena, turned out to be AXL/DC instead (AXL Rose took over vocals for the rest of the tour after Brians hearing issues)

My 1st gig was In Flames at Hammersmith Apollo many many years ago, that too was great

I still can't see Axl Rose with AC/DC . . . It really bothers me for some reason. I feel like he's not worthy lol.

Mountain, with Leslie West killing the guitar, 1971-ish. McCartney's Wings over America tour, I wanna say like 1975 or early 76, lots of fireworks and great musicianship. Old Crow Medicine Show, warming up for John Prine, just tore that shit all up, 2014 I think. I saw Paul Simon last year, and he sang every song I wanted him to sing, so that's an honorable mention.

Omgosh. You are one of the few people Ive ever met who appreciates John Prine. A friend of mine turned me on too him quite a few years ago. He's a story teller, a comedian, and tortured soul . . .songs like "Sam Stone" touch my soul. . . Then he goes to "in Spite of Ourselves" which is a fun silly love song that just makes you feel good! Really love that guy.

@Martie1965 He just put out a new album, his first in several years, called "The Tree of Forgiveness" with a dozen or so absolute gems. Well worth your time to find and download or buy the CD. I've seen him in concert many times over the decades, and he never ever disappoints.

@zeuser I'll check it out. Thanks!

1 - Tool @ San Diego Street Scene 2005 i think?
2 - Primus & The Chocolate Factory The Joint Las Vegas 2015?
3 - KRS-One @ Beauty Bar LasVegas 2018

1. Judas Priest, 1986, El Paso TX. It was recorded for videos on MTV.
  2. Die Toten Hosen (The Dead Pants), 1983, Dusseldorf Germany. In a small concert hall, the interaction of the band with the audience was a huge part of the show.
  3. Motörhead, 1983 Monsters of Rock, Nuremberg Germany, need I say more?

Judas Priest love em!

Bizarrely some of the most recent I’ve seen:
Ninja Sex Party - Kansas City
Band of Heathens - Tulsa, Oklahoma
Josh Groban - St. Louis

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:157051
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.