Agnostic.com

37 4

What's your favorite fictional premise? Do you like the supernatural in fiction?

Most of us don't believe in the supernatural-- but I like it in fiction. (Where it belongs!). Vampires, ghosts...

but, I especially like stories about person in another world.

You?

silvereyes 8 Jan 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

37 comments (26 - 37)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Science Fiction!! Isaac Asimov.

I like movies which are supernatural or sci-fi but not books so much. Strange? I think the only fictional book that I've read that could be considered supernatural, is the Hobbit.

Sci-fi. I love anything to do with interstellar exploration, especially if there an alien that is an unknown quantity. I like supernatural/fantasy too if it's done well.

'Alien' is still one of my all-time favorites.

Here's one I like, search "short film on YouTube, there a bunch of them.

Love Sci-fi. Smart sci-fi. Philip K Dick. Arthur C Clark. Octavia Butler. Ray Bradbury. Kurt Vonnegut. Ursula K. Le Guin. Richard K. Morgan. My fav genre is time travel as in the Time Machine. Anything imaginative. I also enjoy kookie sci-fi flicks like "The Fifth Element."

I enjoy some paranormal/supernatural fiction; but I prefer space travel, and time travel, science fiction.

I love fantasy games. One game that really spoke to me was “Dark souls 2, scholar of the first sin”. The game has the feel of a nightmare, with one of the highest levels of challenge offered to the gaming world. One of the first achievements Xbox gives you Is “welcome to dark souls”, it is achieved when your character dies. The game has no storyline, but the struggle is real. The game taunts you by telling your character, by telling you you, that you will go hollow, die and come back to this nightmarish world until you lose your mind and become feral (quit the game because you can’t handle it), in the end, the game becomes endless, after reigniting the flame which is thought to be the desire to continue remaining in control of your facilities, you can increase the difficulty of the game with Easter eggs that have sill not all been uncovered. I made it through 3 completions and all the dlcs, the spirit crushing challenge, fighting to prove to yourself that you will keep fighting no matter how many other players invade your world to kill you, the impossible boss battles, or the things that look like a thing out of hell trying to kill you. I’m working on the last 2 books of Ann Rice’s vampire chronicles, read all the others and most of her spinn offs like Pandora. I used to read a ton of fantasy novels, but my interest in books had been broken by the inability to achieve silence. Sorry for the huge post! Those things give me the feels.

I loved the Dark Souls series for it's interesting lore and gameplay. The nihilistic outlook is always thankfully kept in check with what little hope the universe has to offer. That fight against Slave Knight Gael at the end of DS3 among the ashen wastes was one of those moments I will never forget. The duality of that fight was gut wrenching; there at the end of the world, just to two of you fighting for what minuscule scrap of hope that yet still remains.

Regretfully I have not been able to play much of my ds 3. I have the game, but with a little boy I have to be careful about games I can’t pause. It looks fantastic, I look forward to getting back into it someday. I’m glad there is someone else on here that games, I mean I’m sure there is plenty, but I was a little disappointed when it was not an interest catagory. @Cynical-lion

Yes hulk smash

I generally like fantasy that likes to have some grounding or flip conventions on their head. Or even weird combinations of sci-fi and magic so long as there is some consistency.

Time travel. Julian May's "The Many Colored Land", the first book in the series "The Saga of the Pliocene Exile" is a favorite. I reread it every few years.

The Djinn, ever since Disney movie Aladdin I've always been infatuated with the Djinn.

Enjoyed 60's sci fi and fiction, really liked anything with a frank frazeeta cover on it

I like fetishy stuff..like to be the Domme in control of my slaves...or submissives...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15742
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.