Agnostic.com

27 0

How do you feel about transgender individuals?

What is your opinion on transgender individuals? Do you believe they’re bad for the gender roles established in society? Do you don’t give a damn? I’m just curious.

wayward_2398 3 Jan 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

All LGBTQ individuals deserve to be treated the same as any Heterosexual human being. No one is better than anyone else.

Please don't tell my wife "no one is better than anyone else"....I've been trying to brainwash her for 20 years!

Agreed.

Some people are transgender, some people are hermaphrodite, some people are gay, I have brown hair.

Everyone should be able to be who they are and love who they love. Period.

Same way I feel about me: I want to live the way I want to live and not have anyone try to stop me or tell me I'm wrong or make me feel bad about my choices. I want that for everyone.*

• except jerks

I absolutely don't give a damn. Transwomen are women and transmen are men as far as I'm concerned. People who identify as both or neither are fine with me too, none of it makes any difference to me.

Gender roles established by society, on the other hand - f*ck all that, do what you want!

Jnei Level 8 Jan 16, 2018

I'm related to one. He went from Furry to female. Always obnoxious in either sex, but she's really funny.

I feel fine about them. They're not "bad". They've done nothing wrong.
They are who they are. They are just as entitled to love and respect as
anyone else. I think humans, as a species, are still evolving. Gender identity
is part of that evolution. Sometimes, nature doesn't get it quite "right" and
doesn't match up people's outsides with who they feel they are on the inside.
It seems reasonable to me for them to want to make whatever adjustments they
think they need to in order to feel whole. I support them in that effort.

Human is human in my eyes Straight, homosexual, trans, black, white, Asian and anything in between. One earth one sky.

It's your body and your mind. I'm ok with whatever you choose to do.

I'm genderqueer and I am of the opinion that everyone can just be themselves and it shouldn't matter. I don't know why some insist that it matters, as long as someone isn't infringing on your rights then what they do should not matter one bit.

Basically I believe everyone should be whomever he or she feels is their authentic self.

Nor48 Level 4 Jan 16, 2018

@evestrat Why can't you?

The same as any other human. Everyone should be who they are or who they want to be and treated with dignity and respect.

A total non issue for me, I think it is main stream society that is too rigid with its stereotypes and makes non typical people stand out more.

Gender is fluid, sex is not.

Love and kindness.
Transgender individuals deserve love and kindness too. 🙂

I feel it’s an extension of what had been homosexual rights, my opinion being - leave them alone. It appears physical changes in gender are becoming more common and reflect the direction or desire each may feel. Same opinion - leave them alone!

I have never, ever felt threatened by anyone within that situation. But I have felt very close to many ..people I actually trusted with my children’s care..

The religious demand for conformity goes against the laws of nature, one of few laws they’re incapable of making or breaking ~

Varn Level 8 Jan 16, 2018

Don't really have any feelings about them. Transmen are men and transwomen are women.

Gender roles in society OTOH utterly ridiculous. Nothing pisses me off more than when I've spent hours teaching social skills to a child only for the parent wipe it all out with one stupid sexist comment.

My youngest grandchild is trans. I find it a little unnerving, but he needs to be who he is.

As a human that happens to be Transgender let me explain how I feel about society's opinion regarding Transpeople...I don't really give a damn what society, as a whole, thinks of us.
That being said, I do have concerns about peoples reactions on a personal level.Sadly that means my personal safety on a daily basis, I am always aware of my surroundings, who's looking or glaring at me, who maybe sizing me up as a potential target for violence and damn near hourly harassment.Yet even these daily hazards will Not stop nor deter me from Being, this is Who I am this is Who I have always been.I try to educate people by being open, friendly, respectful and courteous.In short, another human traveler on this amazing road of life. I seek the same in return.If you have a problem me, keep it with you..if You choose to bring it to me, then We have a problem and it won't end well for you.

I don't understand transgender or homosexual. You live your life and I will live mine. What I don't like is someone forcing their religion, politics or life style upon me.

I feel the same way..how bout we teach them a life lesson by forcing cisgender people using the opposite public toilet legally?..or refuse them health care or refuse service to them in restaurants?

That they are people and deserve the same respect, consideration and decency as EVERYONE ELSE.  Same goes for any other minority.  We are all one race, one species.  Grow up and stop looking for silly things to divide us up by.

I accept them for who they are for the simple fact that they did not choose their sexual identity.If my children were transgender I would not have a problem with it . That being said ,it was once considered a mental disorder in the US and is still considered a mental disorder in other parts of the world . My opinion is that it is a mental disorder and that you are what your genetics dictate but should live your life by following your sexually identity .

I must say it completely warms my heart to read positive comments about transgender people in here... being a pre-op M-F transgender woman myself. Thank you for the kind words. Much love.

They're amazing.

For the most part I couldn't care less. Its none of my business. But every once in a while I'll see a photo of an amazing looking transexual. And I'm like, "Would I? Jeez, how could I turn that down? But still... yikes!"

Fer instance...

MarqG Level 5 Mar 3, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:15879
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.