Agnostic.com

61 9

If you could become a musical virtuoso, what instrument would you play?

Imagine you gained the remarkable ability to play an instrument like a virtuoso. What instrument would it you hope to play?

I'm fond of the oriental flutes or a harp. But, I could do a lot if I were amazing at the electric guitar! I think I'll go with the flute though. Yes, maybe, yes ; )

silvereyes 8 Jan 17

Post a comment Reply Add Photo

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

61 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I played a rosewood flute in my twenties. I prefer the guitar though. There are amazing things you can do on a guitar. Just listen to James Taylor.

Piano! I know how to play a little but to be a virtuoso, wow. That would be amazing!

bass guitar or tenor sax

Violin. It's easily one of my favorite instruments to listen to, and I was always fond of violin cover songs or having it mixed in to rock/metal.

I wanna be this guy πŸ™‚

@silvereyes Nope, just a really talented guy doing a violin cover of the second games opening πŸ™‚ That series has plenty of fantastic music, and some really good violin themes.

Piano, so much you can do with it.

It would definitely be guitar because it’s so hard for me to play. I just love the sound of it. I found the trumpet and piano much easier to play.

balou Level 8 Jan 17, 2018

Bass guitar.

I already play, but not at the level you've described. The bass has a cool range of sounds, from funky. to Jazz, to smooth blues.

I used to play the violin

Why did you stop ???? That is such a wonderful talent...

@Buddha
I played in a Orchestra for a little while, too much traveling. I had a husband at the time and I missed him terribly. Then I got busy raising other people's
kids that needed a home. I'm getting back into it slowly.

Piano. I have been trying to learn blues piano. It’s a very long road....

Piano or guitar or both.

I think about my 3 wishes if I were to stumble across a genie lamp. One would be able to strum out any song I ever heard on an acoustic guitar! So envious of these people with natural musical abilities! I can barely clap in rhythm!
My mom put us girls through piano classes for years with her aunt. She never could figure out why we never learned a thing. I'll tell ya why! Aunt Verna was a pill-popper and the second my ma was out the door, she suck down a few "aspirin" and then slump over babbling incoherently for the next hour! Ha! Another favorite childhood memory!

The violin. I have a dream of one day being a world renowned violinist but I've heard that you have to actually learn how to play one first before you can do that. Who knew?

Sethy Level 4 Jan 17, 2018

Start when you're four, then you've got a shot. It's one of the hardest.

So you're sayin' there's a chance.

piano. So many great players out there like McCoy Tyner, Dave Brubeck, Bill Evans, Thelonious Monk, Keith Emerson, Keith Godchaux, Keith Tippet, Chick Corea, Sun Ra, etc

Jeff Chimenti?

@BenPike I have not really gotten much into Dead and Co. so I heven't really listened to him. I have read that he was influenced by a lot of ECM recirds stuff which would be a big bonus in my book.

Decades ago, I started to 'learn' how to play bass...it ruined the music I liked to play. I quickly forgot all about it and went back to the 'what's this?' version of music...a virtuoso of noise, if you will...the best compliment I ever received was that I play bass as if Lemmy Kilmister met GG Allin in a back alley and both were arrested for lewd behavior. I loved that one.

Although I play several instruments, I would choose three that I do not play......the exquisitely expressive violin, the darker, moody cello, and the magical ring of the hammered dulcimer. I choose these with no consideration of monetary gain, only the sound of the instruments and my emotional response to them when played very well.....

jasen Level 7 Jan 17, 2018

Yes same here, I love the harp.. I also like the mandolin & harpsichord. Flutes are nice too, specially the American Indian flute songs.

The harp is an amazing instrument but rather expensive (to insure) as they tend to explode over time. We had a guest harpist play with our orchestra years ago and she was amazing. The most memorable (as in make everyone in the room silent) instrument I can recall is the English Horn in the hands of a master.

Theremin, so I could play the Star Trek theme. Nah, scratch that… harmonica, because I can take it anywhere.

Winner. Two times.

kazoo

jeffy Level 7 Jan 17, 2018

I’m a master at the kazoo. πŸ˜‰

Piano

My guitars are viscerally connected directly to my heart.

Violin, or piano. Although the sax or guitar would be nice too.

cello

great question.

Piano! I'd listen to Liberace if he doesn't sing.

An Sp404.

@silvereyes they are wildly fascinating to me.

little tutorial video there.

Piano.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16142
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.