Agnostic.com

62 12

Have you ever been the athletic type or super good at sports?

I’ve never been good at sports. I never even played them in High School, but I do go to the gym and workout daily during the week, though because I do see it as necessary to stay healthy.

EmeraldJewel 7 Aug 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

62 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Never any good, but always active outdoors still love long hikes in the woods.

I am lucky enough to be a natural at a lot of sports, despite only being average size. Generally being tall helps a lot with sports. I have two older brothers and played with their groups of friends a lot growing up. Maybe that gave me an advantage over the typical girls I competed with.

I’m like the Michael Jordan of not playing sports. ?

But seriously, I played soccer for many years and was decent for the teams I was on. Most of the teams I played on were terrible with coaches that really had little to know idea what they were doing. It took many, many years, but when I figured out what sort of effort I had to apply to get better, I feel I became a solid member of my team. Now I ride my bicycle for exercise.

Good for you.

I was a pretty good runner in school and I used to lift weights on a regular basis back in the late 1980's but that is as far as my 'sport' thing went.

Nope. My brother was the jock, I was the nerd. Closest I've been to athletic was at uni, when I was an enthusiastic drug taker who also regularly rehearsed/performed in a death metal band. Then I looked like a shaven headed Iggy Pop. Now a weekly kickboxing class is my nod towards fighting the flab.

Loved sports throughout school, football was my game, wrestling and I dabbled in unfocused jackassery

I'm more athletic as an adult than I was as a teenager. I'm a very good swimmer, very good bowler. I'd probably be a decent baseball player, but never played HS sports.

I was never good at sports, especially things like softball or golf because my depth perception is iffy for those things. But I was a great swimmer, and became a lover of hiking and outdoors activities. I've done aerobics (Jazzercise) for almost 25 years, which has helped with balance and coordination.

I've always had good eye/hand coordination and thus, am pretty good at most sports. Supposedly, it's a trait shared by ISTP personality types.

I've been described as half jock/half nerd which I think is pretty accurate.

I once raved for nine days, dancing non stop throughout, except a four hour sleep somewhere in the middle. Does that count??

Yes, I was in soccer, softball, cheerleading, track, gymnastics, and bicycling, but was also into art, drama, languages and debate. I used any free time I had in school to do extracurricular activities. I’m not so motivated these days lol

I was always uncoordinated as a teenager. I didn't much like to p;lay sports with the exception of swimming.

I played football, fast-pitch softball, volleyball, and racquetball -- was a decent player, but never a super athlete. I still lift heavy weights at the age of 81

When I was in school I played tennis and swam. I was awesome at swimming. I did freestyle and backstroke. Some butterfly. So so at tennis. Good enough to make the team anyway.

Tried out for basketball, once - made statistician

I played racquet sports enough for rec league level, but I was not an athlete. Satisfied my competitive urges via chess, debate, and pocket billiards - and I was pretty good at each.

I’m passably good at most sports but never really had the drive to take it to the next level. There are just too many more interesting things to do with my time.

Played Rugby for house & school for five years.

Coldo Level 8 Aug 24, 2018

I was ok, but never excelled, at quite a few (enough to make the team), soccer, tennis, table tennis, cross country running, sprinting

Nope. I have never been really good at things that require good coordination and dexterity.

Sure. I was a pretty solid athlete. Played football and hockey primarily but wrestled and did about 7 track events, some at a decently high level. University teams were options for me but I didn't have THAT much drive and the scholarships are lame for athletics in Canada. Hockey was the only sport I was driven enough to even consider and none of the paths to the pros were college/university. I was smart enough to realize my chances were not good enough at a career in sport.
I used to do the odd triathlon when a buddy was entering one that was going to be near where I worked and he could bring me a bike.
I still play hockey a few times a week, golf and occasionally find a softball or volleyball league to join.

Sports kind of always been the focal point for me so I do whatever whether I know the rules or not but where I grew up we had to participate in everything or we didn't have enough for a team.

When I was in the 6th grade, I was not thought of as a good kick ball player until one time when I nailed the ball and it went sailing. After that, I was always one of the first people picked. That was my academic sport highlight.

I was raised with 5 boys and learned and played just about every sport. Not to mention jumping trash cans on bikes we put together by garbage picking the parts lol. As a single mom when my boys were growing up I taught my sons how to pitch, catch and steal bases. Btw, do you know how scary it is squatting down with a catchers mitt on and telling your 6'4" 225lb teenager to throw a fast ball at you! Lol.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:162389
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.