Agnostic.com

58 9

To hug or not to hug

Are you a hugger?

Do you feel comfortable giving/receiving hugs from strangers or people you aren't close to?

Why or why not?

Crimson67 8 Aug 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

58 comments (51 - 58)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love/need hugs, but not from strangers. Hugs are a trust issue & that has to be built, it is not automatic. But, from those I love, hell, yeah!

Male or female, btw, hugs are definitely not always sexual but comforting.

Like others here , I like hugs from folks I know and like . I find the best way to test if someone choses to be hugable , is simply to ask first . Usually , if it is a first time for someone , that had not shared a hug before , they either back off or spread their arms . For me personally , I am not interested in hugging someone who seems to feel on first introduction , that he has the right to hug me as if we were naked and in bed , by mutual choice , any more than I am interested in having some stranger stick his tongue in my mouth , at first introduction . A first hug , for me , should be platonic . I do have an ever growing list of welcome huggers , who I enjoy being with . There are others I hope never to get that close to . For instance , I am not comfortable around drug addicts , drunks , smokers , foul mouthed people , or those with poor higyne .

Smiles, hugs, all make a person feel good all over more than any where else

Depends on the person and the situation, but mostly I'm ok with it. I'm from the south, so we tend to be a bit more open and friendly down here, but there are some situations where I would feel uncomfortable.

Not from strangers. Awkward - and out of place.

But if I know and like someone, it’s pretty natural.

I have a Free Hugs shirt. Does that answer the question? Lol

I love hugging but not necessarily hugging strangers lol

No. Hugs are intimate and only for special trusted people

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:164151
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.