Agnostic.com

30 3

What was your favorite television show when you were young? If you've had the chance to watch it recently, were you a little disappointed? Which shows have stood the test of time?

twitch 7 Jan 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If you look up "tv shows from the 80s," I'm fairly certain I watched ALLLLLL of them (I was born in '75). You know how people reminisce about "the good old days" and always talk about how THEY used to go outside and play until the streetlights came on, and all the neighborhood kids got together to play, because that's what we did back then... not in my house man, we opted instead to watch every show and movie we could glue our eyes onto (and I usually had a book with me at the same time, ha!). 😉

I always thought Battlestar Galactica was pretty well done, for a scifi tv show... but when the reboot series started in 2004 I was mesmerized by the upgrades -- fun to compare the old to the new.

I refused to even try the BSG reboot for a couple of seasons and when I did check it out, I was in love LOL

You remember a show called Night Court? I loved that show.

So, having read this thread. Do you all feel, as I do, that what we watched as a child helped to form who we are as adults? I think in my case it did as I must have been searching for role models as a child due to my circumstances as a child.

not a show but a film. THE THING 1982 is my favourite film of all time for many reasons and yes it still stands the test of time easily.

When I was a teenager I loved the show solid gold. I wanted to be on solid gold when I got older. Because of that show I did become a dancer however not on TV. If I look back on it all I feel is nostalgia. I just wish Dionne Warwick would have shut up. That woman couldn't sing for shit.

Warwick's original stuff from the early 70s was great. Top forty quality. But she did later turn into a dick.

Loved Layla on Solid Gold. Former dancer too.

I don't think they stood the test of time. Look at star trek, except the communications officer bluetooth device. Who will think? But once I got on sports... that was all I cared for. I don't watch sports anymore... except my Jaguars going to the AFC championship game going against the current Number Legend in american team sports. I don't want to hear analysis of the situation on the field I know the sport. Some I don't ever watch at all like boxing. Despite having been so dear to me at youth. Our maturity changes everything, we are people of the world now. I never been that loyal to anything. Or watched faithfully tv shows. Music I digged. Music I like always been the same. Does not changes. That is different.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:16745
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.