Agnostic.com

2 0

Atheist disconnect

I'm pretty much the only non-believer in my family and it creates a certain 'disconnect' with some of them - the constant references to God in conversation, the constant assigning of anything good that happens in our lives to God, that sort of thing.

And I even have a sister who thinks that I'm in a cult because I subscribe to the Humanist UK newsletter.

Does anybody else here put up with any similar problems?

RICKYT 4 Aug 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

George Carlin asked, where are all the zombies? That's the problem with zombies;they're unreliable.

NO. they're here in plain site and reliably spewing the god word in conversation. What does it even mean to believe in god? Love Herman Hesse's remark-the concept of god is an insanity.

When I was young , my little brother decided he didn't believe and stopped attending Sunday school . His third wife , is a believer . After one conversation , as we were about to hang up , he said something along the lines of , "God Bless , you ." My immediate response was , " Who are you and what have you done with my brother ." That ended that .

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:168023
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.