Agnostic.com

12 15

LINK Trump Says He Heroically Avoided Capture in Vietnam by Staying in U.S. | The New Yorker

John McCain is a mere shadow of this war hero. This 2015 article has aged well don't you think?.

AMES, IOWA (The Borowitz Report)—Presidential candidate Donald Trump revealed a little-known episode of personal heroism from his youth on Saturday, telling an Iowa audience that he narrowly avoided capture in Vietnam by remaining in the United States for the duration of the war.

“The Cong were after me,” Trump said, visibly stirred by the memory. “And then, just in the nick of time, I got my deferment.”

The former reality-show star said he had never shared his record as a war hero before because “I don’t like to boast.”

He said that he only disclosed the episode now because “the way this nation treats our deferment veterans is a disgrace.”

Trump complained that he received no official commendation or medal for his heroism, calling the lack of recognition “shameful.”

“Those brave Americans who, like me, avoided being captured by not serving at all—we are the true heroes,” he said.

Trump’s tale of valor appeared to move many members of his audience, some of whom waited in line after his speech to thank him for his lack of service.

In this current Bizarro world SATIRE feels like reality

Lukian 8 Sep 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Well color me stupid but I don’t see trump doing such horrible things to the country. Economy is up. Jobs are up. Unemployment is down. Stock market is better than it’s been. National debt is lowered.
Do I approve of everything he says, heck no. But I still see vast improvement.
Yes I voted for him and will most likely vote for him again in 2020.

you have a lot of posts to catch with those comments of yours. Better get going...

I think you made a smart move when you voted for Trump. I voted for him also and I think he’s a lot better president than that idiot Obama!

I listened to most of its lies missed that one somehow. I guess it was not televised.I guess how you get away with lies is by never telling the truth.

it's satire.

The joke that keeps not being funny

That was satire; this is true:

Donald J. Trump, who received draft deferments through much of the Vietnam War, told the author of a coming biography that he nevertheless “always felt that I was in the military” because of his education at a military-themed boarding school.

Mr. Trump said his experience at the New York Military Academy, an expensive prep school where his parents had sent him to correct poor behavior, gave him “more training militarily than a lot of the guys that go into the military.”

Source:

That is so fucked up you just know he had to say it.

There are no limits to his delusions. Ya really got to hand it to him, he is milking it for all it is worth.

I have never hated, or wished for his demise, another human more than Donald Trump. Every time I read the words "President Trump" I gag. A pox on all the Bernie Brats, non voters, and 3rd Party morons who elected Trump.

@Bobby9 Nevertheless, the prospect of Trump being actually elected should have trumped any concerns or dislike for Clinton. There is no scenario that I can imagine where Clinton would damage this country as much as Trump is trying to.

@Bobby9 The obvious thing would to not let Bernie Sanders participate in the Primaries, since he was not a Democrat.

@creative51 So, tell me, how did you vote? Please be honest.

@creative51 Footnote. Fair manner? He was not a Democrat. He was entitled to nothing.

@creative51 Thanks. Maybe Sanders would have beaten Trump. Every poll said so, but virtually every poll had Clinton beating Trump big as well.

@Bobby9 I think that Bernie Sanders and his Brats did irreparable damage to this country by allowing the election of Donald Trump. Like it or not, fair or not, Boo-Hoo or not, Clinton was the candidate. Millions did not vote, wrote in Sanders, or voted 3rd Party. All of this was a vote for the disaster we now have running this country into the ground

Ah! Dear satire, how I love thee.

It's sad when you have to look at the source of the article to determine whether it's satire or something 45 really said.???

#TRE45ON

JimG Level 8 Sep 2, 2018

Oh, wow, that's the first time I've seen that hash tag. Mind. Blown.

@Nottheonlyone thanks. I borrowed it from a friend on FB. I made it all caps though.

@JimG It looks so good!

I saw it was a New Yorker article and immediately concluded it must be Andy Borowitz. Sho' 'nuf.

godef Level 7 Sep 2, 2018

Yep.

Thank the Gods this is satire.

Apparently, a timeless piece of work.

He is a punk assed coward. He hasn't had the courage to fire one person face to face since he has been in office.

I wouldn't put it past him with his overinflated sense of self worth. He is a true megalomaniac.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:170139
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.