Agnostic.com

11 0

Have all your plants died?

Its terrible out my back door. All my plants have died. I loved that cactus with its pink and red blooms. Geeze .... I'm going to have to start fresh with my plants.

BucketlistBob 8 Jan 21

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Walked around the yard a few times in the past couple of days. A lot of things didn't survive the freeze(s). Going to have to replant in a few weeks. Waiting until after the last freeze comes through.

Yes, I managed to kill a mother-in-law tongue.

Gohan Level 7 Jan 22, 2018

Yes, but for a different reason, leaves are dry and crinkled and the ground will blister your feet,
I have pumps running continuously during daylight hours, but the hot dry winds are getting the better of me.

You might bring the cactus back with some electrolytes. Provided the ground did not freeze. I have cactus all around my house our ground never freezes we do get snow and frosty cold nights. The cactus seem to survive. You can get electrolytes the smart water has them and Trader Joe's sells electrolyte water.

I forgot to bring it in. It killed it....dang it. I'm sure the pot I had it in froze.

@BucketlistBob you still might be able to save it if you warm it gradually and use the electrolytes. I have resurrected plants from the dead just takes patients.

@azzow2. Alright.... I got it inside. We watered it. I'll try some electrolytes tomorrow... I'll have to find some in my shop.

We have fairly mild winters. Our fall planted garden is looking good. Garlic, brocolli, swiss chard, onions.
Last season brocolli is still producing some small heads. And so far, the artichokes have not frozen out. They make it most years.

Yummm.

I have cherry tomatoes fruiting in th house

I have cats, and one is very young. Plants are tasty and help with digestion, as I clean up cat barf. And I don't get great light inside, so I've cut down on the indoor plants. One day I want a green house.

@HippieChick58 I have a passive solar house with a heated floor. added a little supplemental light and the tomatoes came on. I will gradually figure out what else I can add to my indoor garden

@btroje I am totally jealous! I love vine ripened tomatoes, like sunshine in your mouth.

@HippieChick58 they are tasty!

Years ago

MikeO Level 3 Jan 21, 2018

The flora around me is blooming! We’ve only had a few days of freezing weather here.

You can cover your plants with sheets/blankets/plastic. This will help them not to freeze.

If I had any plants they would be dead by now 😟
Though all the grass outside is brown and dead. Not enough rain and on water restrictions. That had nothing to do with me though I swear.

Sacha Level 7 Jan 21, 2018

Not all of them, but the freeze did a lot of dmanage in my year in Florida.

The plants outside are either dead or dormant. Come spring I will replant the garden as we do up here in the frozen north. Tomatoes!!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:17199
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.