Agnostic.com

53 2

What music makes you happy right at this moment?

For whatever reason - nice memories or deep meaning or a particular line or harmony resonating with you - what song or artist or anything are you finding satisfying right now?

jenthehermit 4 Oct 18

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

53 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I guess I'm kind of an odd person on this because the music that actively makes me happy tends to be what most people consider depressing. Tool and Modest Mouse are always ones that make me happy, but generically happy music just annoys me.

That was one of the songs I was thinking of as well as these two below.

Thank you guys for all those links, and, yes, I find it kinda relaxing, too

I love the music of Simon and Garfuncle. Whenever I am less than joyful, I find that their music lifts my spirits and has me in a good frame of mind.

I like listening to oldies, even very old oldies. I enjoy foreign language recordings. I enjoy clear lyrics, expressions of love, ballads, music about longing and desire, and those which stir deep emotional feelings.

pink floyd live at pompeii video

I've been listening to the band Toto a lot lately.

I think Rosanna became Song of the Year, right?

Steve Lukather never got the credit he deserved I thought. Tasteful player

Might be cliche, but I enjoy most rock (except for screaming tyes of songs that no longer sound like music).

bls63 Level 2 Oct 19, 2017

i like most music but not heavy rock

Celtic music, Scottish and Irish folk songs.

I prefer listening to alternative/indie rock, pop-punk, and the like. The best song I just recently discovered has to be Dead-Bird by McCafferty. It's quite funky
[open.spotify.com]

Thanks for the external link

Born on the Bayou - CCR
Like a Rock - Bob Seger
The thong song - Sisqo (Classic shit)
Hey Good lookin' - Hank Williams

ateo Level 3 Oct 18, 2017

Bad Moon Rising, Fortunate Son - CCR

I am a BLUES fan, it just makes me feel so good

I got some White Zombie: Super Sexy Swinging Sounds playing right now.

I'm really kind of loving George Ezra right now. He's got such and interesting voice

GwenC Level 7 Oct 18, 2017

Live Dead / Grateful Dead.

I was in high school when Grateful Dead became popular in Manila in the early 1970s

I really enjoy tight vocal harmonies so I listen to a lot by Lady Antebellum. A (very) different choice that always makes me feel good is Aftermath by Adam Lambert.

Music tends to remind me of past experiences/people, so I don't like to listen to it much anymore. It just makes me sad.

MDC, Millions of Dead Cops or Millions of Damn Christians:
[facebook.com]

The Elected Officials:

Punk rock love!

Not much really. Been feeling very somber about everything pretty much for a few months. Just got a call yesterday that my 2nd ex-husband's daughter died over the weekend. He died a few years ago himself, but I 've got to tell my son that his half-sister is gone. He knew she was sick, but still I know he'll take it hard. Usually I play music off and on all day and even before going to sleep at night, will slip on my headphones and listen to some favorite artists. Right now, they're Imagine Dragons, Thirty Second to Mars and Highly Suspect. Most of the songs, not exactly uplifting or light, happy lyrics.

Have really enjoyed listening to the band Quiet Company.

I really like this thanks for sharing.

Violin Concerto No. 1 in thing minor by Max Bruch -- 27 minutes of movement from quiet , but deep feeling to joyful exuberance.

Loving the Lindsey Buckingham / Christine McVie album.
Love the Haim. And new band/album Gizmodrome (belew)
O(+> n whatever Jerry's noodling on right now. King Crim's 3 man drum stack is sounding ripe...

Anything metal. It gets my going in the morning, and is better for you than caffeine.

Dylan Level 5 Oct 18, 2017

Go-go music...love to dance to chuck brown and the new go-go bands

Tortoise - Their entire TNT album. Listen to it outside next to a campfire on a crisp autumn night. Perfection.

Thanks for mentioning Tortoise, I'm gonna have to give the group a second look - and really hard this time.

Almost anything by the Tragically Hip because Gord Downie died last night.

311 is my favorite band of all time and the song I'd recommend on this site is "Seem's Uncertain"

"I'd like to be / One of the faithful millions / But what I see / Is an excuse for the killing"

But my favorite of theirs is "You wouldn't believe"... it just makes me happy

Thanks, I'll try to give a listen to 311 and all their songs

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1740
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.