Agnostic.com

81 14

What is your favorite place you've ever lived?

As you can imagine, Arkansas isn't that great. Where would recommend to move and why? What did you like or not like about the different places you've lived or stayed for time?

EarthKate 5 Sep 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

81 comments (76 - 81)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Two answers:

-Wherever I am right now. Amor Fati. It happens to be Philadelphia. My point is, embrace wherever you are. It is what you have. Longing for somewhere else is self-imposed misery.

-Having said that, I lived for a year in Eugene, OR. Beautiful, progressive, small enough to be easily manageable but large enough to have a lot going on. Affordable. A fair number of woo-woo's but they are for the most part harmless and entertaining. Craft and artisanal everything. An amazing food culture. For you weed fans, I'm not sure anyone noticed when it was legalized. Everyone was already stoned.

La Maddalena, Sardegna, Italia

This is a photo of La Madd.

San Francisco is awesome, but it's expensive. I'd recommend the suburbs if you're going to move to that area though. The actual city of San Francisco is a nice place to visit. It's also a nice place to leave.

Might I suggest San Bruno, Millbrae or Daly City. All within earshot of affordability yet still close to the inner city with the endless number of cool things to do and see that it has to offer.

You can also move to the east side of the bay to areas like Lodi and Stockton. These places are a bit of a journey to get to San Francisco itself and have some bad areas in regards to the crime rate, but housing prices are very affordable. If you want to go in to the city, you can simply drive to a park and ride near Antioch and take the BART to anywhere you want to go.

Definitely would be Paris for me.

Hordo Level 6 Sep 8, 2018

No place is perfect. The places I enjoyed most were northwestern Illinois and Berlin Germany.

@byrdsfan i loved berlin,too. Being there during those cold war years changed my life in more ways than i can ccount, most of them for the better.

@Byrdsfan No, I was a soldier stationed at the US Army Hospital on Unter Den Eichen. Then I returned on my own and lived in Tegel. Married a Berlin girl and my oldest daughter was born in Berlin. I was there when JKK gave his famous speech. Yes, much of what was then East Berlin was still in a shambles from World War II.

For me, It's definitely Helsinki, Finland. Little religion, civilized people, abundance of awesome heavy metal bands, and hot girls! What more could a guy ask for?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:174185
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.