Agnostic.com

28 4

Superstition

What, if any, were some superstitious beliefs that you have encountered? Bad luck to open an umbrella in the house. If you met a red haired person while going fishing, you would catch nothing. Not walking under a ladder and such like.

Happyheretic 7 Sep 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Buildings and the 13th floor, or more specifically elavators, as technically the people working/living on what is actually the 13th floor could reject the tyranacil superstition forced upon them by the elavator buttons, and acknowledge it as the 13th floor.
I understand that in some building in the GTA (greater Toronto area) some buildings skip other floor numbers in the elavator etc due to specific cultural superstitions regarding numbers.
It always makes me chuckle inside as if you believe the superstition changing the labels is such a half hearted fake solution, and if you don’t believe, as the fake solution would suggest, why bother ?

Have encountered the salt thing, open umbrella indoors, black cat - - mainstream junk. I honor nothing based on superstition.

Superstitions are for christians. We don't believe in that shit.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:176650
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.