Agnostic.com

7 1

Dating Agnostic or Atheist

Is it harder to find agnostic or Atheist women, or is it harder finding agnostic or Atheist men. I am not having much luck.

Steve1677 3 Sep 14

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

When I do a "browse" "members" the closest 20 people are all women... I am a gay man.

I think Murphy's Law may be at play for some people here.

But, hey, the site is only about a year old. Site membership will grow and search results will improve over time.

This is true!

I just found a meet-up group for atheists near Phoenix. Maybe you can try meetup.com

lerlo Level 8 Sep 14, 2018

Being an agnostic woman, I find that other factors are important as well, proximity being one of them , age, height, interests etc, etc. I'm finding it difficult as well haha

I'm sure you get hit on a lot on here. Not to sound rude, but I think you are just picky about cosmetic things. I used to be that way. I'd only date 9's and 10's. Now that I'm older, that cosmetic stuff doesn't matter. My last two girlfriends weren't exactly trophy girlfriends. I dumped both not for their looks, but because they were worthless.

@TheGreatShadow cosmetic things? Not really... Proximity isn't cosmetic, what a person is interested in isn't cosmetic, age isn't cosmetic (either too young or too old). I don't believe in settling for just anyone who comes along. When I'm older, maybe I'll start lowering my standards like you have, but I doubt it.
And not all that picky, had a date yesterday, and it went very well.

There are less non-believing women statistically, so you're not imagining it.

By the way, this website has a bit of a learning curve, so here's some info, in case you need it.

For members who are open to dating, certain thumbnails and profiles have a heart symbol on them with a percentage. This identifies which members are open to dating, and the percent shows approximately how compatible others are with them.

You gain website points by answering all the profile questions and writing a bio, which also earns website points, and helps other members get to know you.

Commenting on posts and writing your own posts earns more points. At level two you can private message people, and at level eight you get an agnostic T-shirt.

If you want to date, the website uses profile algorithms to find member matches, so the more details one includes, the better the match.

Many people prefer to see a written profile talking about interests, hobbies, and backgrounds that can be quickly perused to find others with similar interests..

In case you didn't know yet, to find members near you, click on the "Browse" button at the top of the page, then on "Members," and enter your preferred search parameters.
Click on the "Discuss" button, then "Nearby" to find members near you also.
Or click on the "About" button at the top left of the page to find links to FAQ or the website tutorial.
Points are now being given to level 3+ members who chat. You can see chat rooms on the group main page or at [agnostic.com].

Luck is not always what it seems at first

I'd guess women would be harder. I'd like to find a partner, but they are hard to find. Many women on here aren't single. If you try to find someone online, it hardly ever works.

Living in the Bible Belt, I'm not surprised you struggle finding atheist or agnostic women.

The man I'm dating is an atheist and Democrat, like me. We met through Fitness Singles.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:178428
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.