Agnostic.com

11 1

What's the difference between drinking while driving and texting while driving?

IamBane 6 Sep 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

None. Both are deadly.

3 - 5 years if you hit someone.

One is liquid and one is solid

u for phases of matter....literal, i like it

Well, if you've been drinking (alcohol) and you drive, and get caught by the authorities, you're subject to DUI. That will quite possibly cost you up to/around $10K to fix (here in CA), and possibly some jail time. If you text while driving, and get caught, you'll get a citation that may cost you up to several hundreds of $$, likely no jail time. Both are dangerous, both may be addictive, in different senses, both should be avoided.

One is being incapable of paying attention and the other is being ignorant of paying attention, either way it's fucking dangerous and totally unnecessary

It’s been illegal in the UK for quite a lomg time, in fact using a mobile phone unless it’s a hands free one is completely banned. This however doesn’t prevent people from still using them to both speak and text as the conviction rate is low and the number of times I see drivers doing it high!

I should have said no difference in my eyes....both could result in death or serious injury.

Not much at all - that's why texting while driving is increasingly illegal in many states.

And essentially, anything that distracts the driver - especially where they're looking, is not wise at all !

there are differences which are not important and similarities which are: you can die and kill others is the important similarity. given that, who cares what the differences are?

g

that's what i was getting at.....[preposition at the end was intentional]

Hmmm, the only difference would be if you see the wreck coming or not. If you're drunk you might see it coming, not that you'll be able to do anything about it. If you have your face in a phone, you'll just wake up in the hospital or be dead.

I've told this story on here before...

A guy I used to know, who was 18 at the time, was driving his car with his 17-year-old girlfriend in the passenger seat when he received a text. So, he answered it and started typing out his reply.

A few days later he woke up in hospital. His girlfriend didn't; she was killed when the car left the road and hit a steel electricity pylon, and he went to prison for four years for causing her death.

Just don't do it.

Jnei Level 8 Sep 15, 2018

Our community just lost a young woman in a wreck and how much u wanna bet she was "on-line" when it happened.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:179639
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.