Agnostic.com

20 5

Anyone else think of his site as a secret society? :P

I live in the Bible belt, with a church and Christian school around every corner. Only my hubby and I and one other I know of are atheists. So I feel like I can relate to people I never thought I could be in contact with. Does anyone feel like this is a secret society hidden in a sea of irrational and illogical belief?

Freethinker85 4 Sep 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No secrets here, just rational and logical thought, with a pinch of scepticism

I've got a secret tattoo, a handshake, a secret signet ring that also works as a key to a secret lock, a knock, and an enigma machine written to a proprietary crosswalk code.

If you find it fun to think of it as a secret society, that's fine. Let the rest of us know how the secret handshake works, though.

No, I don’t consider it anything other than a fun place to chat and exchange ideas with people who use their brains to reason things out instead of thinking everything we have is god given, I don’t make it a secret that I’m an unbeliever, but I don’t go shouting it out either. I must say I just love this site, and have told my friends (all believers) that I have joined....so no secret society!

I certainly do not share with anyone. And I mean anyone I know that I am on this site.

Not at all.

I do but still struggle to connect with women. My online presence is just not an attractive one it seems.

I don't necessarily consider this site a secret society but then again both of my cars have bumper stickers that basically state I'm good without Gods.

As bout as secretive and subtle as a gorilla hopped up on PCP

Not very secret. You can find all about us from a Google search and username, as some have observed recently. A refuge from the loonies rather than a secret society, is how I call it, though some odd balls and religious leftovers have slipped in.

If I lived where you do my eyes would roll out of their sockets.

Hell is truly a place on Earth.

Yeah, secret except for the flashing neon sign AGNOSITIC.COM in the clubhouse window. If it were secret, we wouldn't have a steady trickle of believers sneaking in here intent on saving our souls. But we do, though they don't get very far, poor frustrated bastards, lol! ?

@goldenvalleyguy
I have not had the displeasure of hearing Mr. Osteen, but I know the type: sanctimonious prick in a suit. He is not worthy of your attention. Ignore him.

@goldenvalleyguy yeah. It's like the Secret Service which protects the President. What secret? They call them Secret Service, and in every political movie about Washington they have the Secret Service dudes in the plot. Worst secret ever. We've secret here like that, meaning not at all.

I'm also in Atheist Nexus under a different name and believers sneak in there all the time. They like to pretend they are one of you and then in the end tell everyone they are going to hell. They throw them out and erase all their posts. The bastards have the most ridiculous arguments.

NO. Here in Thailand nobody cares what religion or non-religion you are. And I put links to this website all over my US Facebook page.

nope! it's an open site! we may keep our atheism secret offline (i don't, but that's me) but this site is by no means a secret site.

g

I only hide my atheism from my employers and I think they really do know. What else do you call a man who once studied for the ministry but is no longer religious? That's about as far as I go in talking about it.

@DenoPenno they don't need to know every detail of your life. you have a right to tell as little or as much as you choose.

g

It does, in a way, and I like it.

Yes, I feel like we're hidden. But our numbers are growing exponentially. I believe religion will eventually die off, but it will be generations from now before the process is complete.

Hey! You've figured it out....so, you're now moving to the next level...ACCOLYTE! We have gorgeous robes, fun hats (what's a secret society without fancy HATS?) and incense burners.

Oh...and did I forget the sacred drinks and foods?

You didn't mention the secret hand shake...

@boatdude87 SHHHHHH! That isn't divulged until the secret ROBE ceremony!

We already have robes....well, a t-shirt. I second the need for an official handshake. 😉

@Ozman Delivered with a coded phrase? Maybe something in Latin? "NON EST DEUS?"

It certainly is an outlet!

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!! ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:180636
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.