Agnostic.com

12 14

"And if there were a God, I think it very unlikely that He would have such an uneasy vanity as to be offended by those who doubt His existence"

Bertrand Russell

Good morning all 🙂

Knitfreak 7 Jan 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I also like this one from Mark Twain: "If there is a God, he is a malign thug."

I am certain the alleged bible gawd has the universe's largest penis

Yeah, if there is a god he's laughing at all us unbelievers.

Bertrand Russell is one of my favorite philosophers and one who combines a great sense of logic and an enormous sense of humor.

I always love Russells musings. I would certainly hope that if there was a God, it would not have such a fragile ego.

The story that pisses me off the most is the trials of job. God bets the devil that no matter what happens to this man he will still worship god. Then he totally destroys this man's life, takes everything this man loves away from him to win a bet with the devil. I'm paraphrasing here but, that's the general idea. Also the 10 plagues of Egypt, Noah's ark, and Sodom and Gomorrah. Torture and death aren't right, it doesn't matter who's doing it.

It's okay if someone kills your family , so long as they replace it with another one . Kinda like livestock 👎

King James fancied himself as someone who could create the Earth in 6 days . Delusions of grandeur . . . .

Dougy Level 7 Jan 25, 2018

When I was a little kid, Bertrand Russell was one of my heroes. He and Einstein ranked right up there with Roy Rogers, Tom Corbett - Space Cadet, The Lone Ranger, and Buck Rogers.

Love me some Bertrand Russell musings along with Robert Ingersoll.

Bertrand Russell a great philosipher,and fellow Athiest.I would add to his comment if god exists it would not be bothered with the concerns of humans as it would be all powerful

Hmmm.... my mom created me. Dad had his fun helping out. She's my only born again thought of life here on this planet. Not some god.

Hi Bucketlist you are 100% correct your mother and father created you and the first replicating molecules are the grand ancestor of all living things.

@PeterJohn. Hi Peter..... great answer!

Think it would be deeply offended of worship.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18214
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.