Agnostic.com

56 14

Are common interests important to you?

I tend to like people who share some of my interests, but not all.
We can share some time, but that will leave me to explore life alone.
Personally, I like a man who enjoys sports, concerts, movies. Great things to do together.
I also like to visit museums alone. So I don't feel rushed through the exhibits.

Nichole765 7 Sep 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

56 comments (51 - 56)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Absolutely. You need more than physical attraction to keep a relationship going.

Common, not identical, interests are critical. I want to like the person too. I am not seeking a carbon copy of myself but certainly there must be some genuine overlap. Politically and religiously however the interests/beliefs really do need to be close.

Yeah. I've ended relationships due to religious and political indifference.

@Nichole765 I could not continue them either.

Sure. Why else would I want to date men? I want a ballroom dance and hiking partner and someone who shares my love of nature and reading. Otherwise, why bother?

Unlike most cis, hetero men, most normal cis, hetero women aren't desperate for sex with whoever they can get..just want a loyal, loving companion who will have their backs and make them a priority. Someone who is interested in them as a PERSON, not a sexual conquest.

@Wangobango3 People who are comfortable with their assigned birth gender, and feel it matches how they see themselves.

Yeah for sure but it doesn't have to be everything, I quite like getting to know something new and enjoying my partners enthusiasm for something 🙂

That's true. When I meet someone who has a true passion for something, And patience to teach me, I'm very intrigued.

I prefer to have a few common interests. Gives us stuff to do and talk about together. It can't be all sex...

There has to be enough "common" interests to be able to at least communicate. If we are only going to enjoy a sexual encounter while together, I can run with that.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:182679
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.