Agnostic.com

20 5

If you could choose to be one mythical creature what would you choose? I personally would choose to be a unicorn.

SonderOpia 8 Jan 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A sensitive male!

LOL

I would be Superman. Mostly to use my powers to get revenge on my enemies . . . and all that truth, justice junk too.

And wear your underwear over your clothes.

@SonderOpia yeah, why? Is that considered odd?

@EricTrommater not if you're Madonna

@SonderOpia or maybe if you had some really nice
silk boxer shorts that went nicely with the rest of your outfit and wanted to show them off to your friends?

@EricTrommater lol

I usually avoid myths. Maybe I would be Toothless the Dragon.

I've had the most interesting dreams about being a Pantheon , changing shapes , running thru neon signs like Bugs Bunny in his early years . Then as I aged , I started dreaming of being household appliances , the one about being a TV set that blinked about with a prehensile extension cord .
"Mythically", that Goddess that forced men to cooperate with women by allowing only women to have children . It's on my timeline somewhere on FB here recently , & has been my all-time favorite since .

Dougy Level 7 Jan 26, 2018

I would choose to be the mythical alleged omnipotent "creator" and get to work healing all the innocent victims disarming and jailing all the rapist priests 2 living popes and all war criminals. ...I'd instantly install wind & solar on every home and business shut down all the nukes seize all the money from all the evil rich and give it to the poor and make hydrogen cars for instant replacement of polluters cars restoring all world glacial and polar ice then make everyone vegans & symbiots protecting the poor abused animals preventing every road kill ....did I leave out any other act of pure justice ?

Good luck. I hope you can do it. Billions of people on this planet and we still haven't managed to pull our heads out of our ass.

And I would remove the lie: IN god WE TRUST from all coins and currency and buildings replace it all with the legal motto: E PLURIBUS UNUM. ...gawd is a gibberish non-word approximating a title never an alleged name. ...then moving on to other defacto or dejure theocracies I would make every knife melt in the hands of every perpetrator of circumcisions on girls and boys never allowing the hands to heal or be amputated their screams of pain would forever teach future religious barbaric sexual criminals not to harm innocent children

Centaur for sure.

You just want to be hung like a horse!!!! LOL

@phxbillcee no ????haha. One of the benefits but also being able to run like that. Plus every time I’ve ever seen a centaur fight they’ve been badass as all hell. And I’d be majestic as fuck

@Ryan86 I agree, in many fantasy novels, & myth, centaurs have been fighters, scholars & healers. Have you read John Varley's "Gaea" trilogy? Very interesting take.

(BTW, I recommend just about anything he's written. One of the tops in his field (mostly SF, but it transcends the genre, IMHO)

@phxbillcee I am a massive reader. And just to start I am obsessed with Patrick rothfuss and his books name of the wind and wise mans fear.
But no I haven’t but thank you I haven’t had anyone to recommend anything new to me.

Zeuss, so I could rain on everyone's parade.

LOL

If I were to have the option to be any mythical creature I would chose to be God.

One question, would I have to get on my knees for you? Sorry I had to go there. This is also a dating site so...

I love gargoyles

Ardhanarishvara so I coudl always score on a Saturday night,
a selkie maybe, I could swim and surf like a legend, but still walk around on land,
or perhaps the Adam who was a hermaphrodite in the earliest stories of him.

Bonnacon, a great mythical beast, with garlanded horns. It rushes boldly into the ranks of it's pursuer, goring a multitude upon it's mighty, golden, twisted, and flower bedecked horns. Once it's bloodlust is sated, it turns, emits a resounding fart, which makes the nearby trees erupt into flames, and calmly retires from the field. The 1434 Bestiary. University of Edinburgh Library.

Godzilla so I could kill all the Pokemon

jeffy Level 7 Jan 26, 2018

LOL

A dragon. Have always loved the many takes on the dragon myth in fantasy & even some Sci-Fi. So many different approaches to dragons & so many types.

I’ve always felt the same way about this. Dragons have always been a huge part of the world I’d love to see. It’s an unstoppable power that at least I can see and fear. And in some worlds their friendly world changing creatures for good.
I can remember this movie( not the name or anything else.) that a warrior and the dragon would go town to town making money off the “slaying” of the dragon. That’s the dragon I’d be.

@Ryan86 the movie is called Dragonheart

@SonderOpia Is that the one w/ Sean Connery as the voice of the dragon?

@phxbillcee yes

Garuda

mzee Level 7 Jan 25, 2018

Career poet

Surely a mythical creature!!!

LOL

Dorian Gray....put that painting some place where no one would look....International House Of Haggis...and stay young-ish and beeeeeewwwwwwwwwtiful-ish....forever....

@AxeElf. Only in America can you be born a poor black man and grow up to be a rich white woman.

Svartalfar

Gesundheit!

maybe a Vulcan because I'm done with emotions and yearn for nothing but pure logic

@PeppermintDreads Whatever it was that I said to you , I did not intend to offend you ! The message you left me is still in my messages , because I am unable to retrieve it , because you blocked me . I have to stare at this "RED 1" on my messages & there's nothing I can do about it . Can you please unblock me long enough to read & delete it so I can move on ? I told admin about it , but no responses .

@Douglas I'm sure if they blocked you they can't see you on this post either. Maybe your mythical creature should be the unblockable.

@SonderOpia I can see & respond to her here , therefore it would seem logical that she can as well . I'm at least going to try , because I'm sick & tired of looking at this RED 1 on my message Icon that will not go away ! UGH ! BTW Folks , "if" for whatever reason you decide to message someone before blocking them , make sure they get the message first , or they will think of you every single time they are on here , because this is what happens if you don't .

I'd be Jesus. And I'd come back right now and bitch-slap the shit out of every one of these idiots that call themselves Christians today.

Duke Level 8 Jan 25, 2018

Is this you? LOL

@SonderOpia BWAAAAAHAHAHAHA!!! Wait... does that LOOK like me? I have rock-hard abs just like that but, they're under this weird protective covering...

@Duke I have a six pack underneath my keg. LOL

@SonderOpia BWAAAAHAHAHA!!! No worries. I happen to like beer. LOL

Baba Yaga I would run around the woods in my house that has chicken feet and a nice picket fence made from the skulls of silly men that asked me silly questions lol

@ScienceBiker Lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18351
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.