Agnostic.com

22 3

Where do you spend your vacation?

Do you enjoy a staycation? Do you travel to new places alone or with someone? Is there a specific destination you venture to regularly?

Once a year I travel to see my BFF. She comes to see me once a year as well giving us an every 6 months visit. That’s mostly my traveling, sometimes I bring my kids sometimes not.

How about you?

MyLiege 7 Jan 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I love to travel, being in the UK we have many European destinations a couple of hours away on a plane. Just come back from a few days in Slovenia,was beautiful to walk in the countryside.

my grandparents immigrated from that area . I always hear it is beautiful and all the pictures I see are

What vacation? I live in America.

What is this "vacation" of which you speak? I am unfamiliar.

I am retired and live on a continuous vacation. I enjoy traveling by car and Amtrak and take many trips each year. I am also an outdoors person and enjoy camping and I take many camping trips to various places in my state and around the country whenever I choose. Life is good.

No I do not make anything.

I stay home. Can’t afford to go anywhere.

Vacation? What vacation?

I rarely travel any real distance. I take my vacations at home, mostly, and sometimes I'll seek out events or activities locally. Late last summer, for instance, I took a week or so off and during that time I went to The Adirondack Experience museum and, very briefly, to the View Arts gallery in Old Forge. A couple of days later I went to the American Maple Museum, and then spent a couple of hours wandering through the woods (and getting lost) on my woodlot. That's a good vacation for me, and I get to sleep in my own bed at night.

Those places sound fun. Yeah, simple day trips are as extravagant as my vacations get.

i prefer day trips really

I love going to Caribbean, spent many a vacation in Cuba. Having Europian origine I also love Europe so I visited many places....over all I love traveling.

Pretty much anywhere I want. However, since flying is the worst form of travel for the environment I limit trips that require flying by jets. That said, my most fun vacation is to the FFRF conventions. Last year was the headquarters, Madison, WI, which is a pretty neat city. This year it will be in San Francisco.

Being in a major island archipelago (which includes the Gulf and Vancouver islands in Canada) there are no shortages of fabulous staycations here.

Go on vacation?? I live six minutes by motorbike from the beach in a tropical paradise where I can photograph rare birds and animals every day of the week and eat Thai food and tropical fruit for almost nothing. Here's a photo of me swimming at Samila Beach, Songkhla, Thailand.

@Stevil we could arrange a major outing

@btroje Thailand is so cheap, and such a total paradise, that any place you went would be fun..no need to limit yourself to quiet places like Songkhla, if you're into the party scene. I tend to avoid tourist places and live in many ways like the Thai do, as it's much cheaper, LOL!
The photo was taken of me at a very far flung tourist place..Mu Ko Similan National Marine Park, the most western islands of Thailand.

@birdingnut where are you from originally? I am not a party person. I would be somewhere observing nature

@btroje That's the most hated question by both MKs (missionary kids) and TCKs (Third Culture Kids). I was born and grew up in Haiti. I have American parents. I lived in the US every five years, for one year.

I have lived in many US states, but the longest in Kentucky, where I lived on the family farm near Morehead, KY, for 22 years.

I taught one semester in Hermosillo, Mexico. I have been teaching in Thailand since 2010, but I moved here to do bird and wildlife photography, after one of my Thai university students showed me photos he'd taken of birds at Khao Yai National Park, near Saraburi, so I moved here to photograph birds.

Photo is of a wild Nicobar Pigeon, taken on an island in Mu Ko Similan Marine National Park.

@birdingnut I am from Lousiville. My sister went to college in Morehead. I almost took a job down there some years ago. That is some fancy pigeon

@btroje I plan to move to Lexington, to live near my daughter, as soon as I can do so.
Las Vegas is one of my favorite places to go hiking/do bird photography. LOVE it. And Lake Powell, if it still exists with this weird weather/fracking.
I lived in Durango, CO, for almost four years in the early 1980s, where my kids were born, so that part of the west was my stomping ground for awhile.

@birdingnut Lake Powell is really drying up. I drove by there last October. I live in Las Vegas New Mexico, the real Las Vegas 🙂

@btroje “that is some fancy pidgeon” is my new favorite phrase to react to any and all photos/poultry dishes with from this day forward. I may name my next band some fancy pidgeon. I can award no points for creativity, it being a literal statement in this context, but: thank you for what strikes me as a hilarious, recyclable, non sequitur.

home

I like a staycation to get things done around the house. Too often I allow myself to be pulled into trips to the Deep South in the middle of the summer. I'm an idiot. I almost never go in the winter when it would be pleasant.

Visiting family and National Parks have been my vacations. I love being out in the middle of nature and observing all of its wonders.

Mostly at home, I decided when a kid, I wanted to live where I most wanted to be, have moved a few times over the years as my inclinations changed. This is the 3rd house I have bought in this small village in the past 25 years. Life is one long holiday.

I try to take six weeks of vacation a year - 2 to see my father, 2 to see my son and 2 for my niece. So I go to Indiana, Reno and Florida. I'm lucky enough to have a 4-day work week, so I also take frequent short trips to California to visit friends. I leave for my first Florida trip of the year soon and instead of going to see my son this year we're going to Hawaii for a couple of weeks (7-day cruise and Waikiki).

I love traveling but more than anything I enjoy cruises! Going on our 5th one this summer.

I have not been on many vacations in the past few years. I'm overdue. But one thing I never miss: my East European Music & Dance Workshop in NY every August. New music to learn, parties every night, and people with whom I've been chosen family for going on three decades.

If I have a lady friend, I like to spend my vacation in Jamaica at an all-inclusive. If not, I generally chill at home, and get stuff done I've put off while working 10s.
Edit: Reading these comments makes me feel lucky I get 4 weeks of vacation a year. Is that that uncommon?

In the US it is. I get 4 weeks, too, but I'm not terribly good about going anywhere in them. I do enjoy puttering in my garden and going on day trips to favorite museums and hiking venues.

I get 4 weeks but it took me a long time to get it!

I havnt had a holiday for a couple of years now. The last one I went to northern India for a month. It was great. I still talk about it now -to anyone who'll listen 🙂
I'd love to go back one day. Maybe down to the south next time

I would love to spend one at the Grand Canyon in Arizona.

I squeeze in weekend camping trip anywhere I can, and it is pure bonus when I can add in some kayaking or cycling. It has been a long time since I took a long road trip that wasn't tied to some sort of work.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18428
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.