Agnostic.com

33 2

What Is Your Favorite Genre Of Music?

I was wondering if everyone wouldn't mind telling me what your favorite Genre of music is?

Sometimes I ask questions to help us all get to know each other better 🙂

My apologies if I missed your preference...

• 0 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 28 votes
  • 10 votes
  • 3 votes
twshield 8 Jan 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Metal, punk, reggae, ska, old-school country, classic hip-hop, classical, Elvis!

Metal and Hip-Hop

Chose hard rock because Metal wasn't listed. Give me some melodic death metal any day.

Kmohr Level 3 Feb 3, 2018

Industrial

Dude, I know there are lots of genres and variations on a theme, but, um, classical? Nothing you have listed there is older than the 1930s.

Sirius is great because you can go from Patsy Cline to Happy Mondays to The Bronx with just a push of some buttons.

I am a product of the whole grunge thing for sure (my formative years were spent there lol) but I also love folk and old blues (Robert Johnson)

Broadway and showtunes.

Metal, from Black Sabbath on out. Been exposed to it since I was six.

I am drawn to most genres; the exceptions being serially hardcore metal and lethal misogynistic rap. On any given day, you might find me riding around with The Legendary Pink Dots, Bach, Latino and/or Egyptian dance tunes, jazz and electro swing, the Beatles, bluegrass and folks, electronica, or maybe some blues.

I broadcast a weekly radio program of contemporary Irish/Celtic/British Isles music from all over the world on community radio.

Wow! Atheists love hard rock music 🙂

reggae

I love lots of types of music, but my favorites are remixes and tributes.

Thrash metal all the way! Nothing else gives me so much energy.

Listening to Frampton Comes Alive.
Yesterday was Parliment.
Day before was Buck Owens.
Oh and I found some polka music, too.
Soooo ...

EDIT: How could I forget Elvis Costello (Monday) and Devo (Tuesday)

Classical and Jazz... neither a choice to select.

And so many different kinds of both!

@Coffeo Exactly, the question should had never been asked.

I like all the genres except for most country music, although I love some of it. I've lived in Mexico, Thailand, and Haiti, so became a fan of all the music genres in those countries, besides the US genres.

Here in Thailand I've also become a fan of K-pop, Japanese, and Thai music. I stream music on my computer with [accuradio.com], where I have a very wide genre selection, plus you can request channels of certain singers, groups or genres.
There's even a custom "Chopin channel" that I love.

I mostly like songs with a blues feel to them.

Not my favorite but something I did years ago. I do music for me not for the world to listen to. There is the original fast mambo version too and is tied up to a story I got. The story is not about the story in the song... is about the song. Maybe I will hatch the script one day but don't count on it. You can judge... I am an amateur without ego.

I checked "hard rock/classic rock," but more accurate would be "hard rock/alternative." And perhaps even some blues and blues rock, too. Classic rock has been played to freaking death since the 1970s, and I can't stand it any more.

I wrote classic or heavy but I like so much but it must generally be punchy and good lyrics. queen and prodigy are my favourites.not keen on jazz or blues or English rock and roll or classical.

your welcome my friend

I really like alternative rock music the most. It is the genre that most satisfies my ears and I find it the most creative. I do like a lot of blues, classic rock, and progressive rock music as well..

None of the above. My favorites are classical and folk.

Punk, Ska, Oi!!!!

I've yet to find a genre where I couldn't find at least something that I liked ! I was fortunate to be exposed to all kinds of music as a child - so all things are possible ...

@twshield oh yeah, if you only knew ...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18444
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.