Agnostic.com

45 4

Do you agree with stem cell research?

I got this question when a friend of mine told me her story with her involvement in some science and debate organizations. She said that this is a good question for a debate prompt, but no bible will be involved due to it being a science event. I liked how it was made part of the condition for it to not be allowed. Any reference to the bible would result to a disqualification. I wanted to replicate said debate here. Do you agree with stem cell research?

CesStuart 5 Sep 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

45 comments (26 - 45)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Once a technology has been learned, especially in this modern interconnected world, it's impossible to stop. Just because the US wants to regulate and limit research doesn't mean the rest of the world will follow suit. We're going to get left behind.

The left behind crap makes me the angriest. The orange jerk and his greed-mongers want it. Somehow believe that being separatist is good. Stupid.

Absolutely, yes.

Yes, and I agree because nobody is losing a life in order for this research to go on. The religiously ill informed will disagree and they are likely to tell you anything.

Absolutely!

Yes, I do.

YES.

I absolutely to agree with stem cell research, how else will scientists find the reason we get sick and ultimately end disease?

I agree with it. Most of what involves is "medical waste" like placenta. Some people eat that. The vadican endorses "adult stem cell research".

there is no ethical reason not to be behind stem cell research as a diabetic i have a vested interest as would every one suffering from diseases disorders injuries etc

Depends on how they are harvested. If they are from aborted clones then no, if they are from the body or some reverse differentiation technique then yeah.

yes

lerlo Level 8 Sep 23, 2018

Yes, I agree that stem cell research is something that should be pursued.

I am in favor of stem cell research.

Stem cell research holds the potential to cure/treat conditions that may not be amenable to other forms of treatment. It should be viewed as a form of gene therapy and genetics research. Stem cells can come from fertilized embryos. The embryo is not a person, and is under the control of the parent(s) that authorized it to be fertilized. So that person or persons can authorize the use of stem cells for research purposes. It might be possible for women to receive treatment to maximize production of eggs, and donate them to be fertilized for use in research.

I don't know exactly how to say this, but only the two people with direct parental ties should get to say whether embryos can be used in stem cell research. NOT "grandparents," not churches, not legislators; only the two people who can be ID'd as parents should get to give or deny permission.

Yes. Absolutely.

Absolutely. And not just because it is one of rays of hope that might someday treat my SCI. I agreed with stem cell research before my accident. It's one of the most promising areas of medical research for many different afflictions. And I find these so called moral objections against it to be uneducated and based in ridiculous prolife dogma.

Any technology that can increase the life and happiness of our species is a definite yes. What excites me the most about stem cell tech, is the possibility of nuerogenic regeneration. The potential is too great to let the uneducated dictate their morality as an argument against.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:184523
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.