Agnostic.com

26 4

Are tattoos an issue when meeting someone new?

• 35 votes
  • 14 votes
  • 26 votes
Nichole765 7 Sep 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I just got a tattoo for the first time this last June. I always thought I wouldn't get one because they are so permanent and I didn't want to be stuck with a picture of something for the rest of my life. Now I am 61. I have experienced just about every kind of upheaval life can throw at a person and life looks a whole lot shorter from here. Anybody who wants to judge me for getting ink can go fly a kite in a tornado.

Deb57 Level 8 Sep 23, 2018

I find well done tattoos attractive and love to hear the stories behind them. I find some men, however, appear to be threatened by my tattoos. Just as well to weed out the chaff early on. We clearly wouldn't be compatible.

I love tattoos. A good tattoo is sexy.

I don't like tattoos at all. Some look good and once you get them I guess you just have them from then on. Both my daughters have them and they love them. I guess the reason I don't like them is that most of them I see look like they were done by first graders on meth. Actually it is more the meth or other cheap drugs. But, the other day I made a delivery and here was this woman all tattooed up and I know she did some of them herself. We made eye contact and I knew she could tell. I was very tempted to call in sick and spend the rest of my day doing anything she wanted to do.

I have three. Have three more saved.

We are still trying to reconfigure this one to size.

I think they are sexy if they are tasteful and artistically done. Having said that I think the female body is naturally a work of art.

Depends on the type, style and placement of tattoo for me.

Not a major issue, but I definately don't care for them. If I liked someone I might change my mind.

No...I love tattoo's. 😀

I love tats and find them sexy.

They only provoke envy in me. I've never had the spare cash to get a good one, and what's the point of getting a crap one?

I'm a sucker for girls with full sleeves. Cool ones anyways.

I don't have any, nor do I really want one. If I get one it'll be the spider web on my left elbow...

I love Tattoos on a Lady

I don't care if someone has tattoos. I enjoy hearing the back story of the tattoos.

nothing looks worse or cheap than tats, piercings or over the top jewelery it just looks cheap with no taste

I've seen amazing tatoos for correcting birth marks or lesions in skin.

I like mine

Not an issue I dwell on much.

Definite turn on...

I don't have any but I like them on some men as long as they are artful and well done

For me, it depends... There is classy and trashy. There is quality and crayola.

I've seen beautiful women whose looks (I feel) are spoiled by garish while there are others that seem to look hotter with . I've seen guys whose are cool looking and others that look like they just got out of prison.

When I was growing up... Seems like the only guys that had were service men and longshoremen. The only women that had them were carnival workers and strippers. These days, when on the beach and more skin is bare, it appears that most people have ... So a lot more acceptable these days.

I have one I got years ago at Miami Ink on my right shoulder. The eye of Horus. I'll go back and get an ancient Roman tat one of these days. Since it is forever (or at least for the life of the skin!) picking the right artist is crucial.

Good points. I had a co worker, when I was a nurse, who had a patient refuse to let her start an IV because she had sleeves tattooed on her arms. The patient was elderly and thought the nurse was dirty, even tho she washed her hands and followed protocol. She had to hide them from managers.

I appreciate well done tattoos. My late dh had a few modest, simple ones, coincidentally the coolest was on his back between shoulder blades of metal wings.

I somehow missed the boat with all of this. My POV is it's a means to define oneself, and I was always too busy spending my money on other things to ever consider it seriously.
We do have a family friend who has exceptional talent, becoming world renowned but yet I still don't feel compelled to ever get one, but if I ever did, would want one from her or someone of her caliber. No idea what she charges but she books well into a year in advance.
Oddly enough, in more situations than I care to admit, have been complimented for not having one anywhere.

In my books your cleanskin is positively glowing from lack of tattoos.

A tattoo is literally and figuratively a work of art. It is a story in pictograph.

If someone asks "did that hurt", you should say "the tattoo, or the event that it depicts?"

Angus Level 5 Sep 24, 2018

I love , the idea of them. I have a few, and find it a turn on if she does too. It's a huge commitment to make, and as others have stated, generally have a interesting story behind them as well.

My tattoo was put on me by an ex gf who herself had 17 of them at the time. We are still great friends and it is geography behind borders that we can’t resolve.. we will always be friends but have freed each other from a very hard but wonderful relationship. Fitting that it’s a Phoenix ... although it was more about surving loss and moving on after 9/11 ... I’m glad I have it as it’s meaning multiplies over time, as for aging tatts... it’s more interesting than aging without them.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:185637
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.