Agnostic.com

33 4

Have you ever felt depressed and singled out while single on Valentine’s Day?

EmeraldJewel 7 Jan 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments (26 - 33)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hang out with a pack of fellow nerds. We're bitter and surly by default. Nothing like a rousing session of D&D to assuage our lonely, futile existences.

it's not just valentines day though I have never had a valentines card in my life.

Me. I'm single and it's my birthday that day. My 2nd year being single.

I would rather be alone and happy on valentine's day than be with the wrong person and be miserable. It happened to me in the past, and I will never let it happen again.

No ...but what it has done is remind me how little I apparently have in common with the average (US citizen) person … and how alone I am, if in ‘a good way’..

Varn Level 8 Jan 27, 2018

Not for a very long time. I did a few times when I was much younger. Back then, I still had the false impression that we aren't anything until we are part of a couple. I don't believe that nonsense anymore. I rarely feel "left out" on Valentine's Day, or any other. I rather like being single. I don't have to put up with anyone else's bullshit. I think that's awesome!

My over-55 singles social club will gather in the afternoon at my house for homemade soup & do it yourself sandwiches & sundaes. In SE Connecticut...all welcome! Give me a message!

If I start to feel sad on Valentine's Day, I just take a deep breath and tell myself, "It's ok. Nobody loves you on all those other days of the year either.". That really seems to help.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18594
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.