• 12 votes
  • 18 votes
  • 10 votes
  • 9 votes
  • 5 votes
  • 15 votes
Crimson67 8 Jan 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

33 comments (26 - 33)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is yummy

!!

I like lighter colored lager beer like Stella Artois and the like. I absolutely hate dark beers like Samuel Adams. I do like Samuel Adam's Oktoberfest though. I also haven't liked many craft beers either.

I had lived in Germany were beer is considered a food group. Every city has a brewery dedicated to a specific local beer. Vaihingen has Hofbrau. But the coolest name was for the city of Pirmasens... their beer was Pirminator and was pretty good. The hardest kicking beer we stocked in the PX where I held a part time to keep me out of trouble. Was "Elephant Beer" from South Africa. Before Germany I was a Heineken drinker, before Navy I was a Lowenbrau drinker. I am reduced to a Corona. I had one with a meal the other day. I did grew up on the shadow of a brewery in Santurce Puerto RIco. Corona but was not the mexican corona. The brewery was the point of reference as location and the shift whistle could be heard for a mile so at times you were expected to come home after the whistle.

Yengling on the rare occasions that I drink, usually preceded by a shot of Jameson.

There's a little local brewery that makes a coffee lager. soooo tasty!

I never liked the taste of any alcohol. I only would drink wine coolers when I was younger. Now, I don't even touch alcohol. Same with marijuana. I have a job and I am sober all the time.

All beer falls under two categories: ales and lagers. It has to do with 1) fermentation temps, and 2) yeast type. E.g. stout is an ale. IPA is an ale. Pilsner is a lager...

Ales are fermented at room temperature, and the yeast floats to the top. Lagers are fermented much cooler, often around 50F and lower, depending on the variety. The yeast sits on the bottom.

All beers fall under one of these two categories...

@Wizardbill - I didn't say anything about styles and their differences in either of the two categories... and it seems you're still not understanding the classifications based on your reply. Stouts and porters are sub-styles of ales, of which Guinness falls under. Lagers is the other top category.

This infographic may help: [seidell.files.wordpress.com]

@witchymom - Depends on the season/weather. I'll take a pale lager (think Corona) in summer when it's hot, then I switch to more heavy & complex ales such as AIPAs and Irish Reds in winter.

My cheap beer of choice is Coors Light. I like too many "expensive" beers to pick a favorite.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18712
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.