Agnostic.com

26 4

Wine Drinkers

Since I did a poll on beer, here is one on wine.

What is your wine of choice? Red/White?
Dry/Sweet?

• 21 votes
  • 7 votes
  • 13 votes
  • 11 votes
  • 13 votes
  • 16 votes
  • 9 votes
  • 12 votes
Crimson67 8 Jan 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Cabernet Sauvignon

Waiter: Can I get you a glass of wine, sir?

Ben: Sure, only make mine vodka.

😉

Autocorrect keeps changing Pinot to pinto so I'm giving up on writing this comment.

Also malbec.

I like a good cabernet sauvangion for red and pinot grigio for white. still learning about wine, but I certainly enjoy a glass or two in the evening every now and then.

I don't know much about wine, but I'm partial to dry reds. Merlot is fine. I like Cabernet Sauvignon, too. I can drink sweeter wines, too, but if I want something sweet I'd just as soon drink grape juice.

I became a wine drinker in Germany. Their wines are mostly white and Rieslings, Gewürztraminer's and so on. While stationed in Turkey I loved the Greek and Turkish reds which tended to be sweet. It's hard to find a sweet, non-fortified wine but I did.

I really love anything red. Bitter and dry over anything sweet.

Malbec is my new favorite. But, good wine is good wine.

I love a peppery Zin or a nice pinot noir. Have also had some great viognier. Love fruity non-fortified ports too.

Lambrusco with Italian

Sauternes for sipping

champagne for New Years Eve Mimosas

You didn't give the choice of red blends, which is most of my consumption. I've found Bolla Merlot is very good. I have found a nice sweet wine that isn't too sweet at the local grocer (here in southeastern Louisiana, alcoholic beverages are sold in grocery stores).

I like both white and red. I'm really happy that wineries have gotten over the taboo of blending now too. Some of the blends are really good. My favorite happens to be a Riesling from the Mosul-Saar-Ruwer valley in Germany. I haven't been able to find anything from their vinyard though in the past few years.

Duke Level 8 Jan 27, 2018

Cab Sav

I only use it to cook with, and only with red.

All of the above and depends on which food or just drinking for the hell of it.

Ok..I like my wines..I tend to Whites in summer and Reds in winter..also I usually pair wines with dinners..again depending on the season.

Pinot Noir, Zinfandel, cabernet sauvignon

I don't drink anymore , but when I did , I drank Chardonney with seafood . 🍸

Dougy Level 7 Feb 9, 2018

I thought I was in a very small minority by buying wine by the grape type, finding out I am almost fashionably wrong.

Do not like wine

Strawberry hill and Morgan davis..... I like the rot gut better. Cheap ended up tasting good....

Red wine. Not too sweet and not too bitter.

Love a quaffing wine like Lambrusco.
And non alcoholic elderflower cordial was recently discovered after 40 years of believing that elderflower alcoholic wine tasted like cat's urine smells on a hot day.

Did not voted but always with a story... While living in Spain my wife now ex, liked a sherry (fortified wine). Her job included taking tours to the winery and the sherry had her name so they will always, always shower with bottles of that sherry... her name is "Ina" and the sherry's name was "La Ina". Can't remember last time I had a glass of wine.... maybe 2 years ago? I had dated wine connoisseurs, so they ordered for me.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:18714
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.