Agnostic.com

16 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

....sooooo, i suppose it's wrong to tell my realtor to start sussing out potential property acquisitions in Cape Town? #waytoofuckingsoon

It is only the first, it will happen again and again, even without climate change. So many people, so little fresh water.

Reverse osmosis. They live on the coast

The concentration of people in the world's cities, along with population growth is outstripping both the availability of critical natural resources and the ability to get rid of sewage and waste. We need to alter our living and working patterns and attend to the need for inhibiting population growth.

Why? I haven't heard this news. How sad.

Corporations own fake news and are privatizing water country by country for murderous profits. ..that is why you hear so little. ...even BBC is being pressured to become fake like NPR already is in USA

That is frightening. I have also read things from Geologists who say that the Ogallala aquifer only has 30 years of water left.

Yes, and I'm right on that aquifer. And then there are those pipelines....

Another reason to go ahead and poison the Missouri River from underneath with leaking poison oil pipelines? ????

Well that sucks for them... climate change answers are not solutions. What's noted is that they're loosing water. They're rashening water. What have they done to bring water to their city?

I think there was a saying "When the food runs out you cannot eat money".

or gold . . . . .

Monetarism is treason to humanity

They need a distillation facility. They were talking about putting one in California. Jerry Brown has too much vested interest in bottled water so he quashed the idea.

Jerry is a corrupt fracking shill with scarce Colorado water rationing EXCEPT THE DRILLING FRACKING gets all water they want

I posted an article that is also about Global Warming , & the big CO2 bomb that we are melting it down to . We don't know exactly what is going to happen , but it looks very scary !
"Is There A Ticking Time Bomb Under The Arctic?"

Dougy Level 7 Jan 28, 2018

can't read rifgt now. is this about the methane frozen under the ice?

@btroje yes , but it's more about the CO2 that will be released from prehistoric microbes , that I guess can also cause sickness , worldwide .

Burnt oil toxins melt polar glacial ice way below freezing Temps carbon only warms ice a degree or two. ...every gas diesel combustion vehicle and coal/oil power plants IS THE PROBLEM wave wind solar hydrogen vehicles are the answer NOW

Yeah, SA is funny. There have been a large migration of south Africans to Australia in the last 30 years.

I've talked to many of them and they all say the same thing, they didn't want to raise their children in a country full of corruption and criminals.

It's no surprise that hundreds of white people are being raped and murdered by blacks in SA. Some rural towns are without running water or electricity. They have to get lorries of fuel and water to bring in basic supplies.

I mean having a known terrorist as a president probably wasn't the brightest idea but hey, at least the SA blacks got to vote.

If it isn't the whites killing the blacks, it's the blacks killing the blacks.

I'm not racist, it's just the way things have panned out. I'm just glad I don't live there.

The coastal cities are alright at the moment, but Joberg and some of the northern towns are so unsafe that people life in compounds surrounded with concrete walls, barbed wire fences, armed security guards and security cameras.

[bbc.co.uk]

Cape town is lucky compared to the rest of the country.

@Lancer i met one person from there and her story is the same

@btroje I'm sorry to hear that. What I hear about SA is that in some parts there is beautiful scenery and lovely beaches. But there are many dangers in SA that can potentially kill anyone.

I don't like to generalise because I know all countries have good and bad aspects. But I personally wouldn't feel safe going to SA at the moment.

I saw this in a headline , but I didn't get a chance to read it . What are they going to do ?

Dougy Level 7 Jan 28, 2018

And yet we allow frackers to poison our water and air. And, many more industries

Yes. This is only the beginning - much more will occur ...

Peace through green jobs

I think New Mexico is going to get into another drought situation . THis town has been 60 days from running out of water more often than I want to think about

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19067
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.