Agnostic.com

19 1

Why do people come on these site looking to scam people?

Do they think I'm stupid for looking for love online?

confidentrealm 7 Oct 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just informed the admins of a scammer named "Melody Huff",slim,athletic,muscular, silver haired,we conversed a lot,supposedly she is in Africa helping at an Orphanage with water problems. No money was sent, or promise made just beware,the scammers are here too......

Let's say you enrolled or(hoping not) you paid membership for a month,suddenly,your inbox is stuffed with undying love from Women Gawd knows where,asking for gift cards,pay their cell phone charges,presents for their mother,car repairs,computer or cell phone upgrades,and the list goes on....

I know what you mean. I'm not looking to take advantage of anyone. I just want to share life with someone. Why is this so hard for me?

I met a young Woman (35 I think),unmarried no kids, through a dating site,she was from South Africa,we struck up a friendship,it progressed, got more intense, made plans to bring her here, as my late wife's insurance was paying out,but something just was not right(she called me twice at no cheap expense),so I back traced her address and ISP,and used Google Earth to explore her city,and the smell of overipe fish filled the air. Nope,told her my suspicions,of course by now her daddy was a gold miner, and when she married, the vast amount of money would be her's and her husbands. So beware,the scam as this one may be long running with variations.......

I will not name names,but there was a Woman here who got real interested in my credit ratings and credit card balances,so suspicious me backed away from entanglement with her.

Report her. She's probably not real

Way to go, Mike. There's a sucker born every minute. I haven't been effected yet. However, they may get to me someday. The red flag for me is the military uniform, stethoscope around the neck, endearments like "dear", a suit, getting me off of a site to go to another site such as "Whatsapp". They say they can communicate better. Just a ruse. I believe there is a way to accept money through an ATM card or Visa. They give you a sad story about trying to save a baby. They tell you they need IPhones for communications. They want you to send IPhone 10, with all the extras in black to Carol in Indiana. Stay alert, stay safe.

Thanks for all the thoughts and tips. I sometimes feel like I want CTO have a relationship so bad that I would jump through hoops but I know better. I just want to be a couple. Maybe it was not to be for me. I'm not alone after finding lots of single friends here. You all are won

I've used about every dating website,some free,others a membership, from E harmony to Zoosk,after a while,they tend to blur together,many time the same Women(and I suppose Men too), are seen on several sites under different names. Face to face meeting are the best,to see if there is "Chemistry" or mutual attractions.

@Mike1947 I used to be on pof. Met many Christians. But I'm atheist so... you see the problem. I thought I'd try this but there aren't many people from my area. I love the site. We can talk about lots of things we all seem to have in common but as far as dating? I met one person but he's not for me..

All dating sites,are infested with scammers,some very elaborate scams are always in play,being lonely is big business.Check the number of websites,they grow almost daily.

Be cause they can.

It has nothing to do with how they think about you. You are a means to an end.. usually it’s $. Fortunately I’ve seen a lot less on here.

Why does anyone do dishonest or hurtful things to others? There's nothing special about this site. It has people on it. People do shitty things.

Even scammers single me out... (WTH * WTF)^2 !!!

I have had several males post to me that are religious and not wanting to examine our way of thinking and trying to be "romantic", which is not funny to me. I have no proof of where they come from. But the site does advertise free dating on Facebook. So new people may be attracted, but weirdos may be attracted too. I report them. This is a place of sanctuary for me. I do not like to be trolled by Christain men here.

I hate the endearment. From now on it will be my red flag. Hun, dear, sweetie, etc... they sound like waitresses in a truck stop.

@confidentrealm Yes, I agree that is a good tell if someone might be a scammer: Terms of endearment when it is inappropriate. On Facebook, the scammers for women like to pose as professionals or soldiers. I even had a women (as far as I know) scammer trying to get tempt me into a relationship for scamming. I hear that men get more on Facebook. It is newish to me.

@alanalorie I can't believe so many would fall for this crap. I read on this site of people meeting and making connections with long distance relationships but I don't know how. I guess they know who's most vulnerable.

This site isn't so bad that way. Newbies have to thei5r posts approved, which makes it harders for scammrs and haters to get a foot hold.

It's the private message but I just feel so stupid for falling for it

@confidentrealm Barnum and Bailey said, "There's a sucker born every day." There's a lot of us suckers. I haven't been effected yet. However, they might find a way into me someday.

@Annabelle95991 I believe it was P.T. Barnum who said, "There's a sucker born every minute".

@snytiger6 Yes, sir! I mentioned this in another post describing scammers.

$$$$$$$$$...it works, they keep doing it.

Yes, ma'am.

Flag any suspicious posts or comments to the admin., then go to their profiles and block them. You can flag them on their profiles as well.

That is just about any social site. They are generally obvious within a couple sentences.

I’m not sure what they think but I think the stupid tag is on them.

Some people are greedy and without empathy. They are bad news, because they are like ghosts; they have no conscience.

they don't think about you at all. to people like that,women aren't people. they're just objects to be scammed.

g

It probably has something to do with them widening their horizons. They do not care where they get their money from.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:190879
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.