Agnostic.com

22 8

Is this True Love?

Is this representative of True Love? Because I'm wondering whether anyone can be all these things. Wouldn't they have to be the perfect person? Is there such a person? Have you experienced True Love?

BeeHappy 9 Jan 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

22 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It is pretty much what I got from Chief, my golden retriever. Everyone should know the love of a good dog.

Yep! 🙂

maybe something to aspire to

Bah humbug! We've all been sold a bill of goods about what love is supposed to be.
In the real world, it manifests itself in as many varied forms as there are people.
That meme represents YET ANOTHER lie from the christian "holy" book.
There are no fairy tales. And before anyone says it, yes, I'm a cynic. However, I'm also
a realist. Real love is different things to different people. No one can define it for anyone but themselves.

Thanks, I like your point of view.

Very optimistic

jeffy Level 7 Jan 29, 2018

Yes, I've experienced what I consider true love.

No - I don't believe there is perfection - just maybe enough substance for the people involved.

I see this list as perhaps something to strive for, not an absolute requirement.

I agree!

I don't think it's describing a possible person or how a person should behave. I think it's describing the abstract ideal: love. As distinguished from desire.

skado Level 9 Jan 29, 2018

Good point! Thanks

I think true love is how you feel inside and what you make it to be, definitely not what a meme tells you it is. 🙂

Sacha Level 7 Jan 29, 2018

Yep. 🙂

I think that’s a little unrealistic.

I agree.

Sounds like an abusive persons dream partner.

I see how it could look that way.

to believe this is love is to ignore that people are many things in different situations. A good book that might help you to understand that would be "The Gulag archipelago". It is important to know yourself before you try to understand others because once you have become your own master you just might become tolerable for others.

I think adding "true" in front of love is wrong to begin with, I have found it misleading all my life. Man I must be a cynic, I find the statements platitudes and believe love is possible without them. Not very romantic am I? Love really believes in the absolute value of the beloved, who in love is always held to be in greater and incomparably more valuable than the loving subject so there is no judgement assessment or measurement. Probably why we all come undone when in love.

That IS true. Lol

This is a bible verse not a wise definition of love

You're correct!

this is about right

I though I did when I got married. While it was love on some level o think there can be a greater love that I have yet to experience.

Thanks for sharing.

It would be something to aspire to. No one is perfect.

True love: Someone who you deem deserving of all your best qualities and is compassionate and understanding of your failings and who in turn does the same for you. True love has potential at the beginning of the relationship but is qualified at the end.

Betty Level 8 Jan 29, 2018

Thank you!

A Christian would explain you that Jesus fulfills all these qualities. I think I fulfill all these qualities too. But I'm the only one that thinks so, so probably I'm probably too self-seeking after all.

Gert Level 7 Jan 29, 2018

🙂

I think love is waking up early and cooking breakfast just so you can see her in her PJs with her hair messed up and no make up on as she floats into the kitchen with sleepy eyes and smelling bacon wafting down the hall.

Lovely thought! 🙂

I never looked at it this way. You may have something there. Maybe not...

Left out, is abhorrent and admits defeat and kowtows to errors.

Wow

@BeeHappy I had a lot of those qualities once. Basically get you is, oh your a nice guy.

Yes... I seen it on myself... but still may not be every time all the time... the last one... never ends... is what gets me because I had seen the end... i had seen it coming. So all the others... No Problema.

LOL! This is referring to agape love, not eros.

Believe me, if you cross your female companion you will find out that they definitely keep records, don't tolerate all things, they do envy (get jealous), and their love definitely ends if you seriously mess up.

A mother for her child, even Adolph Hitler's mother.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19419
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.