Agnostic.com

19 3

What was your favorite subject in school?

I would have to say English, Science, social studies and biology.

EmeraldJewel 7 Jan 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Biology, chemistry and physics, at least in HS. I really enjoyed physics in HS but hated the way my physics professor taught it at university. I loved the biotech program I was in at university though. I grew up to work in microbiology, forensics, and medical genetics (I changed jobs every 3-5 years). I'm currently learning next generation sequencing in an immunogenetics lab.

But I also had a really engaging history teacher who taught us really well. Not just facts from textbooks but by doing comparative analysis on the leaders of different time periods. We read books like the Rise and Fall of the Third Reich and The Rising Sun: The Rise and Fall of the Japanese Empire. Which...hmm...I suppose we are due out for a book about the Rise and Fall of America.

I blew up a teacher in High School. I loved Chemistry class and was the top of the class as a junior. My senior year I was allowed with one other student to take 'physics' , there were no qualified teachers so it ended up being a self study course in the same class as the chemisty class, although we were always in the lab rather than the classroom. So me and Brian were in the lab playing with strobe lights, red phosphorous, pure sodium, sulphuric acid and other stuff that no HS student should be allowed to handle without supervision. (We had unfettered access to the chemical storage room, wow) One day we had a young substitute and decided to be a little mean. We told the teacher we had organized a 'demonstration' in the lab for the chem class. The class had all seen the demo beforehand, so this was nothing more than being mean to a substitute that wasn't qualified to teach chemistry. Some of the other students (the football varsity) figured out what was going on and shushed the girls making comments. Everyone was dressed in appropriate safety gear btw... The demo was how Sodium interacts with water 2Na + 2H2O ---> H2 + 2NaOH which means flammable Hydrogen gas is released. The result was a VERY bright flash and loud pop as the sodium reaction ignited the built up hydrogen. The poor teacher (I'm a bit ashamed of my meaness here, hey I was a crazy teenager) ended up balling in the superintendents office - He came down to the lab a few minutes later and nearly expelled us, but let it go knowing both of us very well and that we would never pull such a stunt again. We didn't. Except the time I made enough Bromine gas to kill everyone in the class. (While I was holding the test tube in the ventilator, the teacher, the real teacher, asked me what I was doing, and nearly fainted when I told her I made an error in the math and had made 100 times too much Bromine gas). I had a lot of fun in that class...

Art. I have 3 degrees in it and teach it at the college level. I enjoyed drafting except for all the blasted competition we had to participate in.

Chemistry and Physics.

In high school I loved my mechanical drawing and architectural drawing classes.
I did develop a great love for history, but don't recall any of my history classes being that great.
I loved my history classes in college, also the cognitive psychology class I took.

History and political science plus science courses of all kinds especially geology ,physics and chemistry. The first two tell us how to contend with the here and now learning from the past and the second group tells us about the passed and future.

Biology!!! Art too!!! i sucked at everything else. Not the brightest bulb on the tree I'm afraid.

English, Science, and Art.

I loved chemistry, but I sucked at chem lab. It seemed no matter how hard I tried to do an experiment exactly the same way each time I could never get consistent results.

Also the pot..

Art and German..

I love school. Miss it. I was much better at school than I am at work 😉.

Psychology I guess... I did get my doctorate in it 😉. That said, I am totally captivated by chemistry and biology.

Math and history

Ohhh if that is one of your pieces, you did a great job!!!

thank you so much x

Science and history

Yes! Those are good!

Awww.... civics... read a article and write a report. Everything else was a distraction of my thoughts of my girlfriend.... guys are a mess...lol.

History. It still is my main passion.

I always liked geometry, maybe it was because I like the teacher. Geometry teaches people how to think logically it was one of the best courses I ever had. You only have to do the homework if you felt you needed to the teacher graded you on a weekly test and a final test each semester. I thought that was great because if I knew how to solve the problems I didn't have much homework.

dc65 Level 7 Jan 29, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19503
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.