Agnostic.com

30 23

Tattoo Appreciation

I’ve read enough comments on this forum that speak about tattoos in a negative light that I thought it was time for a pro-tat post 🙂

Share pics of your tattoos and the sentiment behind them if there is any..
I take no issue with body art and appreciate a good artist’s work.
I also love bad tattoos because, hey.. laughter feels good!

This is my most recent tattoo that I got as a memorial piece for my son, who had a red rose tatted on each shoulder..
I love this piece, very much.

AMGT 8 Jan 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

that's really pucker, love it. im covered some done by myself good and bad. it's my skin so I don't care what people think.

Did you draw that picture also (in the first one of your head, off to the right)?

yes I'm an artist now

thank you so much

My own take on Yin & Yang. Left arm is a punk rocker getting ripped apart by demons. Right is a demon getting beat up by three punk rockers...

I’m still digging the Misfits there

I waited until I was 68 yr old before getting my tattoo. For years, I had asked others about their tattoo(s) and where they had had it done. Finally, one young lady told me that she had hers done locally and told me who to ask for. So, I started thinking about what I wanted. I really appreciate the Celtic cross and did research on it. Before it had been used by Christians, it was a very old symbol that dated thousands of years ago. I didn't want Christians to get the wrong Idea and think I was one of them. That's why I added the snake. It is a scarlet king snake in color pattern. Thanks for the opportunity to showcase it!

Here's my pair

Thanks for making me cry... dammit.

Seriously. I'm that f*cking emotional. I have no tattoos currently. I've always wanted one though. But, I just know that once I get one... it's a snowball effect. You can never get just one. I bought a guitar once and now, I have 32 of the damned things. (33 if you count the 1937 acoustic that I'm in the process of restoring)

Tattoos are something that are just so personal and, I've never found something yet that's worth marking down as a piece of my history. Thankfully I've never tattooed a name anywhere on myself. That's got to be the kiss of death for a relationship.

Duke Level 8 Jan 30, 2018

oh man, I just got on the guitar train....8 guitars and 3 basses (plus one one the way)...Is there a 12 step program...I DO NOT HAVE A PROBLEM!

@JohnnyThorazine Don't look at me like that! I need an intervention...

@AMGT Stop making me love you.

Momma I know this is your post, so you know what’s on my body, but for those of you who don’t...

As my mom explained, my brother was murdered nearly 3 years ago. My left sleeve is all about him. Each tattoo tells a story about him or us. I’m not finished, but I will be soon. I’m not going to get into the details of each tattoo and story, but if you’re curious about a certain one, feel free to ask. I have “OVERCOME” on my knuckles and a couple little fun designs on my fingers. A woman with butterfly wings for eyes on my stomach, and a memorial rose on my hip for my friend, Nero. On my back is the tree of life with “Honor Your Truth” written at the top which is what my brother had written on his chest between a rose on each shoulder, hence my shoulder roses.
I have a few on my legs, lyrics from Going to California by Led Zeppelin next to some daisies on my right thigh.
I have a reverse mermaid on my left ankle. I have “666” on my ass, and an upside down cross behind my right ear and a little bat behind my left ear.
I have a coffee cup on my right arm and on my wrist is moms birthday.
I have about 34 tattoos now, and I started 3 years ago when I was 18. It has become an addiction and a form of therapy for me. I love being under the needle. (:

It’s not letting me post my pictures but as soon as the glitch is fixed, I will.

@AMGT When your children make you proud. Earth can shake under your feet.

I love roses; been growing them for 40 years. That is a terrifically lifelike tattoo! Roses are difficult to render well.

I don't have any good pics of my bad tattoos...most of mine are pretty old...I will post the crappy pics...seems appropriate...now this pic was taken after a solid MMA training day...so I was fragged...

@AMGT I have one down the back of each arm...it was just a tribal that my tattoo artist convinced me to get when I was drunk..sooo, let's go with feather...haha...and no, not light handed at all...haha...he believed in the 'you gotta pound it in' method...the red on my arm is about 30 years old and isn't too faded...needs touch up though...

Here’s a pic of my favorite tattoo. There isn’t really any sentiment behind it other than I was going through a rough time and the lotus represents something positive.

I only have one, can't get a pic of it, my daughter has many, her 1st was my 21st birthday present to her, middle of her back, a single stem rose with a small dragon on the stem, its wings matching the rose leaves. We designed it ourselves

I have 4 for some reason I can't upload any pics. But I have a moon stars and fire on one calf on the other a huge red rose with my kid's name and Pop for my love and their dad. Anarchy is across my upper back and 2 intertwined hearts on my left ring finger. Still getting more.

I designed this one myself. Representative of the years my baby grace me with his presence. More to come, definitely.

Another of Dakota’s name. Supposed to be done in Danzig font, maybe the last time I use that particular artist. Now I have to get it fixed. I like what it is supposed to be, I’ll get it done soon. Maybe next.

You do your thing and I do my thing. Live and let live.

I've always been hesitant to get a tatoo. Of course the $, but also us guys get hairier and hairier as we get older so that can ruin one. Not sure about my skin getting wrinklier with a tatoo on it either. 😉 Plus I've always been a huge fan of the human body in all its forms and when something hides or detracts too much from its unadorned beauty... Having said all that your rose is very pretty and there is a small, hairless patch on my inner forearm I've thought about putting: "Sine Qua Non". Or maybe my version of the serenity 'prayer' (I actually prefer 'appeal' to 'prayer' ).

Well, apparently I can't upload a pic for some reason, but I have 7 tattoos. There will be more. I'm going to finish my half sleeve next.

It is beautiful. I guessing the black leaves and steam are a conceptual aspect that you alone know.
Sorry for your loss.

@AMGT Not one. My children do. I haven't ever thought of something to tattoo. Maybe someday soon. I am at a crossroad in life, and surely I will think of something to signify my last quarter of life.

@AMGT I will let you know🙂

I'm not opposed to others having them, but I've never been interested in getting a tattoo..

This piece is amazing.

This is an ongoing tally of my years in hell.

I’ve got several more coming

This is me left leg, rear. From a pic of Dakota skating taken from video capture. It is the first piece of a pictorial band around my leg.

This is the first one I ever got, my son's name honoring how my boys used to draw their names. Above my left knee where Dakota had his tattoo.

I have one. I can't take a pic of it because it's on my back/shoulder. It's small, and is significant to me. It's not visible unless I'm wearing a tank or swimsuit. Haven't felt the need to get another.
What others do in relation to their own bodies is entirely up to them. What I think about what tats they get, or how much of their bodies they wish to cover, is completely irrelevant.

That's one of the prettiest tattoos I've ever seen. Great artist.

Never had a single one. My daughters do, my son don't. Don't mind those who do. I got issues with commitment so I commit my flesh to none permanent activities. They sure can look pretty but I am afraid of needles... of any kind or purpose.

@AMGT You will have to get me drunk. You know there is a reason why men don't bare children. We don't do good with pain.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19543
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.