Agnostic.com

17 1

Loveacholic, are you one, I am.

Loveacholic, are you one, I am.

Generally my love life has been good. Since I tried online dating, I have turned more from a hopeful romantic to a hopeless one. Has online dating work for you?, not me.

Any good luck on online dating for you?

Castlepaloma 8 Jan 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

From a distance we had all things in common. Love of the outdoors, dogs, liberal, atheist, human rights. Blah blah blah. I knew him for 23 years before we hooked up & ka bam. What happen? Who the hell knows. 2004 the marriage has not been consummated. Opioid addict. Alcohol. Contemptous behavior. Ran over my dog. Set the house on fire. Totally passive aggressive. Al anon has too much god around so I bailed. Now I am hoping to become a widow. Just avoiding him as much as possible. Mere tenants on the same property. Dare I ever be enraptured again? I am a sceptic on that subject.

Good grief, I thought I had crappy luck in love. Sorry you had to go through all that. You won't divorce him?

I am a romantic fool that loves easily but almost never falls in love.

Could that be unattached love.

Unattached love you can give your love freely. Giving apathy rather than more suffering by being attracted with sympathy. You must love yourself first or you have not enough love to give away.

Interesting point -- but no.

The problem is the word "love" can mean dozens of feelings and stages. For myself .. falling in love, is not lust / adoration / smitten ... for me being in love means loving the completely for who they are, the good and the bad and also trusting them that they are not holding back who they are from me.

So -- trust issues? yes. Apathy? no

I know loving my artwork for 40 years makes me stronger and happier person. When two people or thing are stronger together than apart, and accept them warts and all. That is Love for me.

Yes, if you can't trust you can't love .

I must really be an oddball on the site. Most of you here trust guns and Nationaism. Where I fully trust love and kindness in the long run.

You are an oddball. Keep being so.

Most of us trust guns and Nationalism? Huh? Dude, you are so far off.

@Readyforachange

Check my threads on Guns and Nationaism , you can see for yourself most approve of Nationaism and guns because they have been hardwire programed to do so, to support these useless tools.

God bless America.

Loveaholic = no, nice ideal, certainly not addicted nor dependent.
Online dating, on and off for 18 years, 1 committed relationship from it, met many women, made many friends, hmm, yeah, up until a few years ago lots of sex. Haven't sought a meeting with anyone from a dating site in the past 5 years. I don't blame online dating, I think it is aging, too set in my ways to think I will live with anyone, still have ladies I go away with, share costs and ideas for trips, more likely to shower together than to sleep together, because we do camping trips often so nudity is a non issue/

loveacholic,is that a new word for sex maniac for males or nymphomaniac for females.

A lot of guys think love means sex.

Love can wait, sex can't. There is a lot of hogwash confusing between sex and love. I maybe addictive to love, yet what harm is in that, if I can handle it or better still, balance all life forms with it.

I got myself a pen pal on POF, we correspond A Lot since 2106....never will meet, even though he is only about 3 hours away, we like our "relationship" just fine...and no, no sex in any form.

Unlike most men my age who have lost their loco Lobito. Why give up the greatest pleasure to mankind when you can find it in the largest sex organ called the brain. Laughing is second greatest pleasure, I rather laugh at the guys that can't do dirty sex right.

I don't identify as a love-aholic. But I have had a couple very good relationships with people I met online. And I know of no less than four couples presently - who met online (all different sites), and now all have been married over ten years. It can work !

Love to hear life success stories.

It's been 1 year 8 months single. I gave up.

Don't give up, if you want it. There is a lid for every pot.

I am willing to relocate and be with my guy. I spent the first 18 years raising my brother and 2 sisters. I spent the next 20 married to someone who was moody, I mean real moody. I would get nuts trying to figure out what I did. It was not me. He would have a pimple on his back or something. So he went into middle age fright and started screwing everyone. That was too much. The last years I have had some relationships, some 2-4 years. We would decide we made better friends. Now I am at a stage that this part of my life, I want to be selfish. I want to fall in love if it is meant to be and spend my last time with the person I cherish. Smiles, Betty

yes, i found my best match so far but lost her too.

Better have lost, than not love at all. Try again.

I'm not sure I feel that way really as the bar is raised so high now. never say never though my friend

I like the idea of being in love, but I’ve been single for 8 years and haven’t found it yet. I’ve done the online dating thing and it hasn’t worked for me yet. I’m definitely not a loveaholic. I know people who jump from one relationship to another, but that’s not for me.

I've had mixed results with online dating. Several meetings IRL turned out to just be one night flings, but in most cases that was probably for the best anyway. A couple of times a relationship developed, in one case lasting several years. Ultimately, though, nothing permanent.

That said, nothing permanent has developed from any "traditional" dating either, whatever that means. All three of my marriages started that way. Of those three, the second one was the longest lasting at 13 years.

Now that I'm older, facing being officially single again in my near future, I admit I have anxiety about the thought of dating again. I'm not that different inside, but my habits are different -- as in I don't go out very much anymore.

Working from home is a double-edged sword. The great thing about it is that you never have to leave the house. The worst thing about it is that you never have to leave the house.

I need to start getting out more. I should do Rockfest this year!! 🙂

Source:

Women our age are still good looking and filled with love and fun. Go out and go for it.

i am going to make it short so we can start talking. Yes, I am a lovaholic too. Would love to talk and discuss. i know people that it has worked for. I also know it was your picture I picked first to contact. Write me back when you can so we can talk. Smiles, Betty

Geography would not matter if your in love. Although blind online dating from thousands of miles away would be difficult.

I love to travel too. There are so many historical places I would love to see! The stste of the union address is tonight. I am going to be turning the channel. I cannot stand Trump. America has lost its glow to me. I would love to see all kinds of countries and places. I have lived through a year of chaos with him as our leader. He is a madmand. I have a facebook page. It is www.facebook.com/antaresrose. It will say no page, but if you look at the top, you will see my name Betty.They say he may fire Mueller. Mueller is the one who is at the head of the Russian investigation. Oh, the people will go notes. I hope not that too. He has our country by the throat, and we can't seem to get him. Soon he has to make the GOP angry enough.

I have been on several online dating platform and have gone on dates, but most of those dates are only looking for hookups. Additionally, many men in my area are either in open marriages, or are polyamorous. While I am accepting of those ideals, they are not for me. I've had some fun casual times, but nothing long lasting.

I am a wild girl and there are fun things I would do with my partner, but that is just it - I can't find a partner. Sigh.

I've become quite hopeless, myself.

If I was younger and lived closer, you sound like my kind of gal.

I actually am visiting a member of agnostic.com that I met right here right now-on the opposite coast. Regular dating sites have worked but I have nothing in common with the guys I met-they don't know what they want.

I find to know actually what a
woman wants , is a road to ruin. I know they want attention and love and go with that.

road to ruin huh?

You tell me the great secrete that every woman wants?

I bet they don't know what they really really want.

I know what I want in life. I dream for a living and those dreams have scheduled deadlines.

@Castlepaloma I laugh about women not knowing what they want. I mostly agree on the surface that they don't know what they want, except.... I think they do, just don't know how to get/express it. Things like attention, security, devotion. But they are ideas, and if the woman can't express what that idea is to her, it seems like they don't know what they want. Or worse, they play games trying to create it. It can be all a mess.

I also know several guys that ruin women's perspective about men. I have, at length wondered why it's so hard to communicate with the opposite sex. Both sides can really suck at it. But for a girl, imagine all the "pigs" that have gotten into a woman's heart by winning the "chase", only to screw her over. Woman get jaded (just like men), confused and skeptical. I would not want to be a woman looking for a good guy. How would they weed out the garbage from the prize roses?

Every woman wants a warm bed on a cold night.@Castlepaloma

I know what I want. I go with the flow one day at a time. As long as its a healthy relationship with no physical or emotional abuse. Been there done that..

@ownworstenerny

I have always been a natural leaders, so women always end up following me. I have experience the odd woman in my life that dose know what she wants, it can be difficult for men to follow her.
Yet things are a changing.

I have been on the internet and dating sites for over 20 years and it has been good to me. I have met many women on the internet, have spent time with many women that I met on the internet, all have been for friendship only and some have been for friends with benefits only. What is there to complain about. Life is good.

I'm not a big believer in online dating, I think it just might be a big old crap shoot. Of course, I've been through divorce, so I am a bit cynical.

For many people , a lover can be the most powerful force in the Universe. Don't you think it is worth the risk and investment.
Two people in love, are stronger together than apart.

Dude. I enjoy reading your posts but you are so over the top naïve. Please stay that way. All great poets were.@Castlepaloma

Countrywoman
Thanks for accepting me who I am. Although, I do think of myself as more of an aldult view in society and worldly by road record.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19690
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.