Agnostic.com

26 3

Suspected this would eventually happen, but it was still disappointing; was dumped because my lack of belief made her uncomfortable. Sigh.

EvanK 4 Jan 31

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm curious.........she didn't know you lacked belief before you started dating? Perhaps , if she did, she mistakenly thought she could change you. Oy vey.

She didn't. We met on a "conventional" dating app. I avoided people who made clear that their faith was important, but was (and still am) otherwise open to meeting nominally religious people. I have now added that I am not religious to my profiles were the app doesn't already allow me to indicate I am atheist.

I know your break up was for a difference of spiritual beliefs, but break ups happen for a million reasons. Chock it up to incompatibility and move on...you'll eventually find someone more compatible. 🙂

What really made her "uncomfortable" was that your lack of belief was making her question her beliefs. She couldn't handle that. It was easier for her to break up with you than face the fact that she believes in nonsense. Sorry you were hurt by her immaturity and refusal to face her delusions. I think you're better off., but that's just me.

Definitely better off. 🙂

Sorry to hear that but I just pity her judgemental attitude because she's missed out on a good guy.

Thanks, she did indeed!

We're out there! Just keep looking. If I meet someone really religious, that would be a deal breaker for me! Especially if they tried to convert me.

much much better now than later.

I put in my profile on a dating site I am not religious nor am I interested in the very religious. Once trump was nominated I added no trump fans to my profile. The religious may find a non-believer attractive and may think they are okay with it, in the end there is just too much conflict. Sorry you were dumped. I'm sure you'll find someone on this site who may want to come out to play.

Dude you're in Chicago! There's all kinds of interesting women on this site in your area and I'm sure there are also many different non-believer groups on Meetup were you might meet someone more compatible.

Thanks. Not worried, but it was still an unpleasant experience. 🙂

You’re probably better off, relationship-wise.

I don't think I could date anyone who is religious. That makes dating in GA really hard.

Tell me about it!

I tried dating a Christian where I live and it was the most miserable relationship of my life. I live in a rural area so everyone is a Christian except me. I am so much happier alone ATM and I will find the Atheist man of my dreams someday!

Some people feel that the only road to a moral compass is religion; sad but true.

Been there. Fucken sucks! The Bible says unequally yoked. That was thrown in my face multiple times.

Their loss, you are cute and smart. Better off without a Bible thumper GF IMO.

I've been there. You will be better off. The relationship usually gets very awkward with them because they cannot understand that you deal with facts instead of myths.

your well rid of her if she's that shallow

I'm sorry for your loss.

If that is the case, you really did well to be rid of her. The relationship would have been fraught with conflict.

Walks like a duck quacks like a duck.

Highland Park? I worked in Winnetka for 23 years. Raised in Evanston. Chicago is expansive.

So sorry to hear that but the good news is, there are tons of lovely female Atheists out there, and this is a great place to look for one!

your well rid of her if she's that shallow

If you want her that bad... convert now. Otherwise... move on.

let your heart be sad, yet keep your head the clear & accepting space nature allows it to be - a life is worth nothing under the weight of pretense.

Been there. Been through that.

I am sorry to hear. Though there is a much more wonderful spectacular women out there waiting for you, who believes exactly the same as you. 🙂

Sacha Level 7 Jan 31, 2018

I think it would be impossible to have a deep meaningful relationship with someone who believes in god. inevitably we would keep running into that wall. good luck in your search.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:19960
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.