Agnostic.com

38 5

Is there a songwriter or musician that resonates with you? Perhaps a certain singer? Lucinda Williams can make me stop in my tracks. So can the Cowboy Junkies. Townes Van Zandt, The song writing partnership of Jerry Garcia/Robert Hunter. Bob Dylan. Songs that get deep within your soul(or whatever you want to call it) and can rip you to pieces. Who does this for you?

mrcharlie65 6 Feb 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

38 comments (26 - 38)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The final movement of Beethoven's Fifth Symphony or the Ode to Joy from Beethoven's Ninth Symphony move me like nothing else. I feel like am transcended to a place of movement and beauty that is just too hard to explain. But I can stand in the middle of a room and close my eyes and be taken away by the beauty and the power of the way that Beethoven brings so many elements together to form a song. It's powerful.

Steely dan

Glenn Danzig. From the Misfits to Samhain and Danzig, the man’s a musical genius. I can’t wait for May’s New Jersey Misfits show and the 30th anniversary of the first Danzig album. Lol and I think it’s hilarious that my girl tolerates my fandom, although she may call it an obsession lol

Alanis Morissette's music is very meaningful for me. She often shares her own experiences and feelings with her listeners, and I feel like she really understands things that are of special importance to me.. Among her concerns in her songs are the complexities of human needs and feelings, relationships, and philosophy. She's a very intelligent, sensitive, free-thinking human being, and these traits make her one of my favorite artists of all time.

Mine would be John Lennon's Working Class Hero

Steve Perry from Journey...

I'm a Police fan from way back. With today's artists, I resonate with Lady Gaga - underneath those wacky outfits is a true talent. Another artist I love is Basia.

K. Flay..... her lyrics are like she is reading my soul.

I would say Led Zep had a huge influence over my genre of music since I was in grade school. Also Iron Maiden and Dio. I do like Kingdom Come.. Lenny W is a great singer and songwriter but very underrated in that era of 80s music.

Blue October-AWAT.

Makes me travel down a dark path and find relief I found myself on the other side

Oh - here's another biggie for me: Marc Cohn - Walking in Memphis. Goosebumps... The dude has pipes.

I've always loved the part where he goes, "She said, tell me are you a Christian child, and I said, Maam I am tonight!"

@Piece2YourPuzzle - ya, best line in the song! Saw him live a few summers ago... great show!

I like all that you've mentioned but John Prine is absolutely my favorite lyricist. I like a song that tells a story most of all and his do and do it well.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20097
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.