Agnostic.com

29 5

Getting ready for the super bowl game?

I wasn't going to watch it but I changed my mind...
I got invited buy my son... I really want to see half time with Justin Timberlake... that last video he made was as awesome.

BucketlistBob 8 Feb 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This is my idea of a super bowl.

LMAO!!

L 😀 L

Huh?..super bowl? Is it full of dank bud?

Interestingly Superbowl Sunday is the day when the largest number of domestic abuses are reported.

Guess the game can't actually live up to the hype and the let down leads to violence?

all over the world? Because I thought new year eve took that.

Thought I’d also heard it’s also become the highest count for drunk driving…

@GipsyOfNewSpain Yeah, don't use this as a "Fact" - I saw this referenced years ago but don't recall where. It seems logical that it might be true but I don't really know.

@Varn I was thinking the alcohol factor

@marmot84 You didn't answered the question genius... all over the world? or you think your little country is all there is? Step outside your village... Most people in the world don't even know what is the superbowl. And you can use this "Fact".

@Varn "Amateur Night" People who rarely drink go out, get bombed and try to drive home. Scary.

@GipsyOfNewSpain Wow! What did I do to deserve that cold prickly?

@marmot84 Welcome to the Real World.

If I say no, is my manhood threatened 🙂 Since the PBS expose on micro-concussions at all levels of ‘american football,’ I feel it should be banned, along with boxing...
[npr.org]

Varn Level 8 Feb 1, 2018

Sports have no meaning. At the end of the day nothing has really changed. A few billion dollars in advertising has gone out and some numbers have changed and that is about it. Superbowl Sunday is my favorite day to go out and do stuff as a large number of people are glued to a screen.

Right on! ...here I go.. Dad remains a Sportaholic; team ‘wins the championship,’ town riots, parade ..and on to pre-season BS. Mom follows Politics; candidate wins, Supreme Court shifts - no more prayer in school! Dad roots & rants at a tv screen, mom donates to political causes & candidates… Me, I’ll often find a reason to fire up my chainsaw, or take a hike 😉

Looks like I'll be watching Super Bowl out west. Friend back East having a true Patriots Super Bowl Party with old friends.Still on vacation.

I was wondering if you were still on your visit or not

Still on my visit @btroje

Nope. Never do, even though I got this wonderful story about the last one, having to do with my freedom, I already mentioned in another post. I am one of those puritans that don't want sports in my concerts or concerts in my sports. Plus I am a Jacksonville Jaguars Fan. I will sleep. I can recompile the best commercials later on youtube. Sometimes I feel I am the only one brain capable to go one on one with the Patriots coach Bill Belichick and steal his woman.

I never got that urge.

What super bowl game ...? tee-hee

...I was kinda wondering the same thing ..being stuff around here isn’t ‘date specific,’ has it happened, or not 🙂

@Varn we're obviously big football fans ! (I think it's Sunday ...)

@evergreen Yup, for the moment - this coming! I had to check 😀

I am interested in the actual game but can do without all of the hype. I'll avoid turning on the TV until around 6:30 when the actual game starts.

I am rooting for the Eagles because I pretty much always root for the underdog in every sporting event unless I'm watching my home team.

No, I'll be at work. Sunday there is Monday here.

I will watch it 😀 I can't wait to see Justin Timberlake and support the Patriots. I will just need to remember when it is lol.

Sacha Level 7 Feb 1, 2018

Sunday...

@BucketlistBob My Monday and a public holiday here so day off 🙂 Better get the nachos ready

@Sacha. Wow... I keep forgetting your in New Zealand... I hope you can get it.... I'm thinking it's all soccer in your country?

@BucketlistBob Rugby... world champion All Blacks . We are terrible at soccer

@Sacha. I'm going to look that up. I bet its challenging and fun..

@BucketlistBob You have a team too [usarugby.org] Not good enough to play us, but you will get there 🙂

@Sacha. Yes.... I like that. Ok!

A few years back I didn't think I would like the halftime show, but Bruno Mars kicked ass.

He's awesome... uptown funk...wow!

no

I never touch the stuff.

I wonder if there will be a nipple slip this time when he performs?

I hope so! 😛

To balance the universe, since I w/could not watch the SOTU, I will watch the Super Bowl- even though my Packers are omitted, and enjoy the chips and guacamole...it’s all about the food anyway..

My last attempt watching the bowl I’d been in charge of the guacamole. Love it, found a shitload of premo avocados and it was hit! Getting nothing from ‘the game,’ ended up landscaping for a thankful sister.. Next day, worst flu of my life … two years ago and I’ve not eaten gauc since.. Enjoy some for me, though 🙂

@Varn. Damn the bad luck...

I will watch by myself as I really like to concentrate on the game....being with a group of chatty social types when I am trying to telepathically communicate my winning tips & strategy to my team is too distracting!

I'm keeping the "faith" that the Eagles will win. I wouldn't put my money on it though because "faith" isn't reality based. Am I the only sports fan on this site? I find it a nice diversion.

I don't have a dog in the hunt this year, but I will watch anyway.

JK666 Level 7 Feb 1, 2018

I’ve decided not to watch it as the NFL refused to run an ad from a veterans group about standing during the national anthem. Those overpaid assholes need to stand during the anthem as kneeling then disrespects our veterans who made it possible for them to earn those big bucks. Hell Rodger Goodell the NFL commissioner needs to be fired for allowing that shit! Any player who takes a knee during the anthem should also be fired immediately!

I agree.. but I got over it... us veterans got recognition.... it was out there for people to have a say and see whose proud to be an American... I said my part... I'm over it now... I don't think it will happen again... thanks for your feedback brother.

Come on people! It's a great excuse to get plastered and blow your diet.

Alrighty!.... thank you!

I'll watch, but it's not the least bit exciting for me this year. Pats vs Eagles. Ugh.

I have to root for the Pats here. OH MY CHEST HURTS!!! Lol

I'm a Giants fan. Wanting the Cowboys or Eagles to win is blasphemy. More blasphemy than wanting the Pats to win, who I also don't like. So if the Pats win, then my Giants will have been the only team to beat them TWICE in the Super Bowl in the modern era dynasty that is the Pats.

Lol...i think its still going to be some fun...

Work is considering on giving people an extra day off (partly because of the superbowl, partly for the fact we don't have any work left). I'm planning on abusing the HELL out of my PS4! It's great that you love football, but it's not my thing 😛

It's just once a year for me... I bought that big TV just for that...

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20099
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.