Agnostic.com

32 5

Opinions, experience, thoughts wanted. Today I am cutting off my hair and putting out the welcome to my impending gray. Am I closing the door on finding a partner? Is this act of embracing the Crone going to send a negative signal? Men - do gray haired ladies turn you off?

AmiSue 8 Feb 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

32 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Girffriend, do it ONLY for yourself. I had long hair forever, quit coloring the grey in 2002. In 2014 while choosing new eyeglass frames I see that in the harsh light of the eye doctors I have some serious wrinkles and the long hair is not up lifting. Granted you can do the fake face lift by pulling the hair tightly back . . . . . really try it. I wanted something different so after picking out some VERY expensive frames that did not accentuate the wrinkles I walked across the street to the beauty school. I was going to make an appointment and they go like we do walk ins and one of the students is free right now. I did it, cut it short and uplifting. Never regreted it and guess what if ya don't like it will grow back.

@Shelton Thank you

As long as you are happy with and confident in your appearance, men will be attracted. Just be true to you

I be prejudiced, but salt & pepper is good. Gray is better, and white is best.

I was born with a streak of white hair. It dissipated almost immediately, but started coming back when I was 16. That's when I started coloring my hair. I've let it go natural on and off for the last 20 years. Finally, about 5 years ago, I stopped coloring and cut it all off. Been gray/white ever since. I have no idea if it's kept me from finding a man, or if any of them take it as a negative signal. I think how YOU feel about it is more important than what anyone else thinks. Embrace every aspect of what makes you, you!

My first love was 17 years older than me and had completely silver hair cut short. I was mad for that woman.

lol-love ia grand!

It was grand <sigh> better to have loved and blah, blah, blah.

Pro tip (no not really) if you go to the beauty supply and buy the semi permanent grey hair dye liquid, your hair will become lavender.

I don't photograph well when I'm trying to selfie right after daybreak while covered in bug spray and sweat

For me it depends on the woman and the hairstyle, but I sometimes find gray or white hair on a woman to be very attractive. I have to be attracted to the woman otherwise, too, of course — I don't have a fetish for gray hair — but sometimes it definitely enhances my appreciation of a woman's appearance and, in my opinion, it often accentuates their distinguished elegance. Having said that, I don't really care too much about hair anyway; I know some people are really attracted to blondes or redheads or whatever, but that's pretty far down the list of physical attributes I care about.

It's your hair, not your whole persona. I just cut mine very short, and I do color it with temporary color; emerald green is my favorite.

I think how one carries themselves, has a far greater chance of determining whether they will be considered attractive. I don't do girly dress or makeup or jewelry. But some men really seem to like my eyes and smile, they respect my self confidence and self sufficiency, and they appreciate my blunt honesty. Of course that's not all men, some are intimidated and don't like that I'm not ladylike.

Really, you just have to do you. Figure out how you want to look and feel and be, and own that.

The gray doesn't bother me, but i am partial to long hair....

Ummm...........it is YOUR head, do what makes YOU happy! I haven't colored my hair in over a year, and I'm embracing the grey! Anyone, especially any man, who doesn't like it, fuck 'em! I couldn't be with someone that superficial anyway. I hope you are donating your hair to Locks of Love.. You are gorgeous no matter what you do with your hair. Embrace change!

@AmiSue Maybe just stop coloring your hair and let it grow naturally and then donate to Locks of Love after all the chemically colored hair has been trimmed off . By donating your hair you would make somebody very happy.

Sad, I like long hair, even long grey hair. I can relate, I took my beard off years ago because it was white, and my hair wasn't. Not the hair is 1/2 grey, I let the beard grow.
Guys are fine with grey hair, I tell my female friends not to dye their hair, I prefer natural, whatever that maybe.

Men like all kinds of women. The ones that matter prefer substance over style - everyone is beautiful in their own way. Those (men and women) that see your inner beauty are the ones that matter.

Grey hair does not bother mature men. What really matters is personality and behavior.

After two failed marriages and then a failed relationship where everyone preferred me to have long hair, I chopped it off completely. I've kept it very short for three years, and am now ready to grow it long again. My hair is pretty much completely gray, but instead of dying it I going to buy funky colored hair wax and chalk. It's really annoying to have to touch up roots every three to four weeks.

@AmiSue -- One of our problems in life is doing, saying, acting, and behaving to please others. The main job in anyone's life is to get through it without unnecessary stress, fuss, and bother. The best way to do that is cast off the need/desire for external approval and pursue avenues you find pleasant and acceptable to yourself as long as no one is hurt in the process. When you make your decision about your hair, make it the first in a line of decisions that will eventually lead to you being free.

I struggle with this one. I had very long hair well into my 30s. I cut it all off very short when I divorced my husband and got a girlfriend. It was a great look for a lesbian, and she always said my grays were sexy. Now that is over and I seem to be interested in men. I still like the short hair though, so I'm keeping it. I'm from a natural living background and have traditionally not approved of hiding ones hair color. I'm proud of my gray hairs but not sure if it is great for dating though. I was in my 20s the last time I had to think about these things...

MsAl Level 8 Feb 1, 2018

I find women with grey hair attractive. Don’t sweat it.

At age 40 I had hair close to waist length. I started getting a bald spot. Eventually, I told myself it was time for a new style. I'm alone now.

It isn't gray. Its platinum blonde!! Perspective is everything!! You go, Blondie!!

My grays (which are white, actually) have been coming in since my mid twenties, and they've been working up a head (snort) of steam in the past few years.

I can't wait until they're really noticable. Hopefully I'll start looking my age soon--instead of prematurely gray. I'm tired of getting flak for how young I look.

I hope you donated your beautiful hair to Locks of life

Doesn't bother me at all. Go with what makes you comfortable, it is your hair.

No don't turn me off..turn me on its more natural

I like to keep things natural as possible the makeup industry has convinced women they need to wear makeup and color there hair and wear smelly perfume. I think human beings should wear their hair long because that is natural for our species. I have long hair and just trim it around the edges. I prefer to have long hair the color really doesn't matter. You just do what makes you feel good is the most important thing.

dc65 Level 7 Feb 1, 2018

Yes, do it for yourself. I like grey hair. But who cares what I like on YOUR head!.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20148
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.