Agnostic.com

17 5

Reminding you to give blood. Think about it..ok?

I got another call today thanking me for giving blood in December. They used it 2 days later to save a life 100 miles away... pretty cool. I don't do much for humanity but giving blood to save lives is the best I can do today..... please at least think about it.

BucketlistBob 8 Feb 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am O- so very popular with the blood takers.

They won't let me give blood. I lived in German in the mid to late 80s. I ate foods obtained locally. I may be a carrier of creutzfeldt jakob disease, aka Mad Cow (and that would explain so much.) 30 years later I still cannot give blood in the US, however the child I carried for 9 months and gave birth to in Germany can donate blood. Go freaking figure.

Dang it... ok...

I would but, I am too old, now!!!

Awwww.... ok....

Gave until my Drs told me not to because my iron counts were so low (for other reasons!). I remember my Dad gave a Gallon - you get a pin at that point - he always went when they had drives where he worked.

I'm over 3 gallons now. In my old age, I have a problem with my iron count, but I do try. Glad I started when I was young!

I'm right behind you...lol

Good suggestion🙂 I never have given blood. I need to work up the courage, and just do it.

Alrighty

I can't give blood. I had mono so bad that I never could again. But every organ that I have is up for grabs.

Ok brother... it's cool.

Have the same problem and am a registered organ donor but always wondered whether the organs would carry the same risk of infection and are we only good for corneas.

I try, they don't like mine. I have some extra bits in mine that may cause problems, they use some products occasionally and every now and then I get asked for some more.

I don't know if I can. I take several prescription drugs that they probably don't want in their blood supplies.

All you have to do is answer the questions and the nursr will tell you... no harm in trying...

I was a regular donor , unfortunately after a stroke ,,I,m not allowed to donate now.

But you did till you couldn't anymore... that's cool.

I'm a platelet donor. It's an easy test, ask them next time you donate.

I forget to call them...ive done that before.. it takes awhile but is saving lives and I love that...

Also make sure to be a registered organ donor!

MsAl Level 8 Feb 1, 2018

It's on my license...

I already am a registered donor. I don't see the point in my organs turning to dust when they, maybe can put to good use.

@BucketlistBob Ditto!

Bob, about 15 years ago, + or - a couple, I gave blood at work, which I was in the habit of doing when the collectors came each year. The next year, when I signed up, and went to donate, they told me they could not take my blood because an antigen (or something like that) had been detected in my last donation that they said was an indicator, or precursor (or something) to HIMV. That revelation upset me somewhat, until I was told that what they found could have been the result of my having gotten a flu shot within a certain timeframe of donating (which I had had); something I found out a bit later, if I properly recall. Haven't donated since.

Well my brother... it's time again to check it out.

@BucketlistBob We'll see. My blood type is O neg., so I know it's needed, but I'm no longer working, and would have to seek out a donation station.

@Condor5. That's great brother... make it a priority... and you won't say I wish i had.

Been a donor since I was 19 !

The blood donation place is just across the road from me. Easy as! 🙂

Sacha Level 7 Feb 1, 2018

When my blood pressure goes over 100, I donate! Otherwise I can only pour orange juice and pass out cookies.

That was one of my issues in college I used to run 80/60.

@RavenCT that is normal BP for some of us!

We have an annual blood drive at work. I always give. I have no fear of needles.

Duke Level 8 Feb 1, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20198
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.