Agnostic.com

43 6

What's your worst restaurant experience?

I had a friend that always had bad luck in restaurants. The waffle house... he found a roach baked inside his waffle WHILE he was eating it. I've not had as bad as him... but I once found a fly in the bottom of my soda. A hair in my dish. Why do I always find these things at the end of the meal!?

How about you? Bad restaurant experiences. Do you have a horror story?

silvereyes 8 Feb 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

43 comments (26 - 43)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Waiting in , Dennys restaurant around 11pm took about 40 minutes to receive refill on drinks and another 45 for cold food and wrong orders

Had a waitress turn so fast with a plate of beef stroganoff that it slid off the plate and unto my friends' lap.

My worst restaurant experience had nothing to do with the food. My son was only a couple of weeks old and we decided to go out to eat for the first time since he was born. I had just had a C-section, was nursing, and was really craving a steak so we went to this trendy spot. Our waiter came to take our order and I asked for a steak dinner. He looked at me funny and actually said "Are you sure you don't want the salad? Better start loosing the baby weight." I had no idea what to say.

WTF? If some waiter said that to my child's mother he would have to deal with me on a 2nd degree level.

I was at a Steak and Ale restaurant many years ago. The salad bar had these oddly decorated bowls which held the lettuce, spinach, etc. These odd decorations were attached to the rim of each bowl using industrial sized staples. One of those staples came loose and was hiding in the spinach for for some unlucky man (me) to put on his plate and then into his mouth. I was busy chewing when that staple impaled the inside of my lower right gum and became stuck there. My reaction went from pain to surprise to perplexity. I went to the mens room mirror to see what was stuck in my gum. I saw the staple and decided the quickest way to end the pain was to reach in there and pry it out. The operation was successful (lol) but my mouth was bleeding profusely. I went to the manager while bleeding, showed her the staple, and told her it came from the salad bar. She closed the salad bar and alerted every customer to stop eating the salad. She comped the meals for our table plus she gave me a house credit of $500. I used that credit but i never ate salad there again.

@silvereyes Right? Someone wasn't thinking when they chose to put food in bowls that used staples to attach decorations. The staple in my mouth exactly matched the industrial staples used on the food bowls. I was lucky I didn't swallow it!

@silvereyes Haha i like your sarcasm...😉

One of my exes and I went to a sushi place and were seated and had our order taken. At first we ordered an edamame appetizer. It came in a couple of minutes, but we noticed there was a little something extra it came with that wasn't on the menu. There were 2 dead baby roaches in the bowl. When we pointed it out the worker said they would give us a 10% discount. I said no, and the worker said 20%. I said no again, and the worker actually asked me how much I wanted to pay. I said, nothing because we're not eating here, and then we left.

I was a health inspector in Orleans Parish which means I've had plenty of bad experiences. One that stands out is a Chinese restaurant that cut raw chicken on a table covered in old cutting remains outside in 95 degree heat and thousands of flies. There was a crate of lettuce sitting next to the drain plug of a dumpster full of old food.

That was good protein and it might have been from the waiting since the dinosaur period to be cooked! He should not pass up good protein! Once had a rat run by my raised seat just as our meal was served. Haven't gone back but the restaurant is still in business.

At the cafeteria at my undergraduate college, I once had a piece of pizza where I found a metal spring coil in the dough and a bit of shavings. That sucked.

I was an Executive Chef for 8 years..so my palette is a bit, let's say picky..anyway my absolute worst was when I was out with my Gf and her son. We went to a new hot restaurant in Atlanta..it took 30 minutes to get seated, 20 minutes for water, another 20 minutes to see waitress, and another 20 minutes to order. The food when it arrived was either over or under cooked and cold. That's when I spotted the "Chef" in the middle of a crowd of admirers..as we walked out I interrupted him and said.."Your Food and Skills are truly an Embarrassment to Our profession"..we also refused to pay for the garbage we were served.

I've been rather lucky in that regard. No horror stories come to mind. I've had a couple of dishes that I didn't especially care for, but nothing egregious.

eg mkmuphin put me in the hospital for a night. they're still after me i think.

Have only ever been to Hogs Breath 3 times, all different stores, found the service on each occasion deplorable, lazy rude arrogant staff, ok, one was high as a kite.

My ex and I were in a small west Texas town, the staff argued among themselves as to which one of them was going to wait on this bi-racial couple. LOL

Desperate for a brief break while in throws of my thesis experiment my thesis adviser and our group leader went for dinner break. The only thing open was an IHOP. It has horrible food, horrible service with an attitude.

I have hated IHOP ever sense and won't go even if it is the only game in town.

getting food poisoning from olive garden

I don't remember a bad experience in a restaurant, and that is not saying I didn't have one. They say the brain is the first organ to slide, and I can't remember what the second was😉 I would have remembered a roach baked in a waffle though.

I've been lucky compared to you all.
I only found a dead bee halfway through a box of popcorn.

I was drinking after hours in Korea; "Soju Tents" are open late. They are just an open center cart with a tent overhead and an ondol (charcoal) stove to keep warm. They serve soju (like sake) and have a bunch of snack food - dried squid, octopus, aka bonchon. Being a little wasted, I didn't see what my girlfriend shoved into my mouth. It was very spicy, grisly, and chewy and I didn't like it so I pulled it out. At first I thought it was a baby's hand or something, then I was informed it was a chicken foot. Ewwww.

jeffy Level 7 Feb 2, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20296
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.