Agnostic.com

21 3

About you?

What do you like most about yourself? I think my greatest quality is my accepting and supportive nature. What about you?

tioteo 8 Feb 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

21 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My frankness

I'm a good listener and good at holding two completely opposite views in my head at the same time. However, I'm not ambitious and I'm a slob, and in my personal life I have grown intolerant of spending time with many people.

ahhhh, you would feel at home in my world.

Inquisitive,dependability,trustworthiness,Love off animals, good parent and son,common sense ,logical, practical,open minded ,interested in people,helpful .Will always oppoligize if necessary

I can talk to kids and teens in a way that lets them know they are seen, that they are important, and that there is at least one adult in this world who is interested in them as humans. Sometimes I have been the only one in their life to do it, and other times, obviously I am not. Anyway, conversations could be my actively asking about their hobbies, their school, their job, their platonic friend or romantic relationships, their dreams and goals, etc. I strive to be engaged, focused on them, speak frankly with them, give them the space to talk freely, withhold any judgments and preaching, and am completely open (i.e. sex, not freaking out if somebody says they smoke weed, etc.) within reasonable boundaries.

I love kids and I think (and have heard) they love me. I value that about me and my life.

I'm extremely loyal; sometimes too loyal. It takes a lot for me to even see that I may have been betrayed then a bit more for me to acknowledge it.

But once I do, I'm done. I rarely give a second chance

Probably why I have no more close friends LOL

Even God would't get a 2nd chance with me.

I don;t really like myself very much, I am my own greatest critic and biggest disappointment. I am honest, and I learn and understand new things faster than anybody I have met in my life, pity that as I get older, I forget so much.

@SweetHarp Sadly I don't have a creative bone in my body. Cannot play any musical instrument, can't even draw stick figured well. I am jealous of musicians, but in a good way, I treasure their skill. We have quite a few among the group of kids based here, often have live music when we have a get together. The closest I come to creating is with living things, plants, animals even people seem to become stronger when I give them a kick along.

That strikes a chord with me. I think of myself as impatient when little inconvenienced happen but then the other day I realized that I only get angry when it's something I did rather than someone else. For example. I set my phone on the corner of the nitestand to move some shit around, I said to myself it's gonna fall but didn't move it. I got pissed when it fell.

I think Im mad at myself for something.lol

I'm very good company. At least, I think so. Or rather, I find myself to be good company for myself.

Yeah, I talk to myself. I'm probably crazy, but it often helps to think things through out loud.

I'm a nice person. Also that I lost 45 lbs and that I'm physically active.

As much as I hate to say this: it was my ( FEAR ) of failure. I did all I could to stay hired and to be able to get hired if i was to get laid off from a job. My Insecurity can be listed as a pluss to survival. My determination ( FEAR ) to stay with a crappy job has given me a 3 good pensions and social security. All those different jobs have worn me out but I'm home and retired now. It's nice and it paid off. Could this be listed as a healthy fear? I don't know but it's done with now and I can relax...

Sounds like you have more than earned your relaxing time. Enjoy and have lots of fun. 🙂

I wonder, fear or determination to survive? Well done mate, you deserve to enjoy the fruits of your labour.

I don't know how to respond to that without sounding self-indulgent or egotistical.
I get along well with others (unless the cross me)
People look up to me. (No fucking idea why)
I'm very intimidating. (OK, yeah. That's gotta be my favorite part right there)
My durability. (The few people who know me and the shit that I've gone through in my life are amazed at how I can keep going despite the shit I've endured)

In all honesty, I really don't know what my best quality is. I don't get along with myself long enough to have that conversation. Hahaha

If you had to guess just three things why people might look up to you, what would those three things be?

@BlueWave Those who know me... Probably my durability/resistance. (I can't count how many times someone has said to me "I don't know how you do it" )
Coworkers, it's would probably be my tenure or the fact that I don't take shit from anyone at work. Not even management.
I guess the 3rd would probably be that I do what I say I'm going to do.

@NeoXerops Very cool!!

I’m very accepting of other people. Honestly, it could be that I don’t care enough about what other people think or do to be judgmental unless it has a direct effect on my life.

Dunno. Maybe my sense of fun and adventure.

Emotional intelligence and emotional honesty. Sometimes too much (yeah I see the contradiction 😉 ) . Knowledge of nutrition, lifting, fat loss and overall health. Love animals especially cats.

Honest... that I treated myself to an experience of life and world despite having no money and that I made it at this age in the shape I am in to guarantee the party to continue. Life and experience I got is priceless... that is my only fortune and you can't steal it or take it away from me.

My strength and resilience.

I've always been a more positive thinking person, than not. Makes life easier overall.

I care about the welfare of all animals, I am a good listener, I am interested in a wide range of subjects,good manners,helpful,trustworthy,kind,compassionate,good son and good father.Not afraid to admit when I am wrong

Pure heart

= hard to live in the world, but I wouldn't have it any other way

I don't know

Are you shy?

no not at all I just found it hard to answer. its a double edge sword as my honesty, intelligence and compassion and friendly nature is great but also a weakness it seems.

@LeighShelton

Every good quality has its strengths and weaknesses. 🙂

your right its a double-edged sword

I've been told I'm too empathetic. Once in a while, it gets me in trouble but on the whole I wouldn't change it.

Betty Level 8 Feb 2, 2018

NOTE TO ALL: Thanks for the thoughts and comments.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20350
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.