Agnostic.com

37 2

What’s your “Woo”?

Anywhere else, this question would be boring. But I’d be fascinated to hear your answers.

What’s something that you can easily reason to be false, but can’t help believing in anyway?

ReardenMetal87 3 Oct 20

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

37 comments (26 - 37)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I hope I have none. I don't believe in any type of paranormal or astrology. I don't believe in any type of psychic ability. I don't believe any of the truther theories and think they're hurtful and mean. I do believe vaccines and GMO foods are safe.

I believe in the scientific method.

I love astrology as my "Woo"! Sure it's bullshit, but it's so pervasive in our society that from a psychological standpoint it's almost valid. All signs have positive and negative traits, just as all people do. If "your sign" has a negative trait you don't like that you see in yourself (and every sign fits every person in some ways), you can decide to change that particular habit or proclivity. For example, Virgo is "known" to be a perfectionist. I have long believed that perfectionism is annoying and a waste of time and mental energy, but I certainly had my bouts with it when I was younger. Or on the positive side, I decide I like the "Virgo trait" of introversion and the inherent deep-thinking, well-read, introspective characteristics that implies, so I foster those habits in myself. My BFF is a typical scatterbrained Gemini, but she enjoys her hyperactive mind; if it bothered her, it would be easy to say "Well Kathryn, you're a Gemini so if you want to be more focused you're really gonna have to work hard at it", and so put the issue into perspective.

Always figured astrology was BS, but at the same time, I've never gotten along with an Aries in my life.

I don't believe in woo. All of that left with religion and anything supernatural. Remember that anything supernatural is called that because you do not know how to explain it. Possibly these events did not even happen in a way that you describe them.

The Illuminati it would be so much fun if it were real

Astrology. I know it's bunk but it works. Why? I often can guess a person's sun sign by observing their personality. Predicting the future...not. Advising on daily events....not
But personality traits.....I know....It is nonsense.

My credo in this world.

Family is your respite in this cold cruel world, the place you will always be welcomed home, accepted, loved and supported.

I apperantly have not been kicked in the ass hard enough and think this is still possible.

I'm a bit superstitious. I know how ludacris it seems when I think about it logically but I still do silly things like not walking under a ladder, or wearing that jersey again if my team won...

What is a woo?

Afterlife experiences. Reincarnation. Cryptozoology. Paranormal activity or events. Seems like everyone in the world has an experience with these things, but I've experienced and seen nothing that I couldn't dismantle with reason and logic. Nevertheless, find them attractive to believe in, even if I can't.

A deeply religious person told me that in a dream she saw lights from an emergency vehicle in the window. She woke up and a lamp had caught fire in her daughter's room which she quickly extinguished. I guess my woo is wondering if people have extrasensory premonitions.

I am a certified Feng Shui consultant and interior space designer.
I can fix your problems by rearranging your furniture and painting your walls.
Trust me, I'm a professional.

The photo is part of my "wealth" corner in my BnB. 🙂

Is that the Buddha that guests turned to face the wall?

@potteryguy2018 that's one of them! LOL There are 4 big ones in the house...all four were put into "time-out" by the crazy Catholics!

David Wu, was … until aggressive sexual behavior kept him from running for another term as my Congressman..

Varn Level 8 Oct 20, 2018

For me, it would be the goodness in people.

I never heard that word before.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:205154
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.