Agnostic.com

5 0

What have you learned about yourself in the last year?

HolyToledo 3 Feb 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If this question went back 3 years, I'd have a whole lot to talk about. As far back as that I still considered myself a believing Christian. In the last year I've learned a lot about my sexuality. Though I have been with my wife for 20 years, married for 18, I have constantly struggled with absolute monogamy. I think I fit somewhere in the polyamorous range. When I've had thoughts I "shouldn't" or have slipped up, ocassionally, behavior-wise, I've been very hard on myself, feeling like a creep. Fortunately, my wife has de-converted too. We have talked about the implications of de-conversion on our sex life, but I don't think we've made much progress. It's hard for us to talk about it openly and honestly. I think she may be biologically monogamous. I have hoped that discussion would allow us to lighten up a bit in the bedroom. Some of her attitudes have broadened a little, but there is still a long way to go. I committed to her and made a promise and I will do my best to keep it and to provide a stable life for my son. I just hope that I don't always have to be as miserable as I have been at times and that my wife and I can figure out how we really feel about sex, independent of what the church drilled in to our brains during our formative years. Without destroying our marriage...

Wow! That sounds close-minded of you. No, that certainly wasn't my letter. My wife has never had a baby. Have you ever heard of ethical non-monogamous marriages? Why would you recommend divorce to somebody trying to improve the sex life in their marriage? Do you really think it is ethical to divorce because of sexual differences?

I think I've learned that all those things about me that I thought were real, aren't, and that I'm really good at hiding away from life. And I've learned that no matter where I go to hide, somehow I keep turning up.

I can relate

I've learned that busting my ass to leave a paid off house to my adult kid is insane. I need to enjoy my life while I still can and she can use the life insurance to pay it off. Or not. Won't matter cuz I will be dead.

I love this!

That I am aging very fast, put it off for years, I was lucky, now I know the meaning of over the hill, you go down really fast once the descent begins.

I turned 80 and I am old as dirt but life is good.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:20644
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.